Search Bread + Butter

Monday, March 14, 2011

B + B turns 2!!

Yup...that's right! B + B has turned 2 this past week. I actually didn't realize it until a couple days ago when I glanced at my calendar. Wow... Crazy!!! I figured I'd take a look down memory lane and revisit one of the first recipes I ever posted here. It was a crazy whim of an idea to randomly start a food blog and here we are today.

One of the first recipes I posted was for some delicious soft buttermilk biscuits. Mmmm... Nothing beats a fresh baked biscuit with some butter, jam or syrup. Maybe even all three smothered together. Yum yum! Once in a while I like to mix in some cheddar or parmesan to make them cheddar biscuits. I'm seriously craving to get back into the kitchen and whip something up. Gosh darn it...I think I will.

Happy cooking/baking/eating!!!

Makes 9 Biscuits



Buttermilk Biscuits

1 1/2 c All Purpose Flour (cake flour works too if you don't have anything else)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
2/3 c buttermilk
1/2 c unsalted butter (best if cold, cut into cubes)

2/3 c shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese (optional)


Preheat oven to 425°
Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a bowl. Crumble in butter and mix well until almost like a powder-thick consistency. Add buttermilk again mix thoroughly well until it is of a dough consistency. You can add more milk, if needed.

Note: mix in the optional cheese with the dry ingredients. 

Then place the dough on a well-floured flat surface and knead a few times. Cut dough into desired size and place on baking sheet. Baked in oven 10-13 min.





For those who haven't seen the teaser trailer for my short film yet. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.
Become a fan on Facebook because I sure have some exciting news coming up in the near future. Enjoy!!








13 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY! :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Happy Birthday B & B! I just realized that my blog turned two today after I read this post!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more years of blogging success!

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations daaaaaahling, wishing you many more happy years of blogging.
*kisses* HH
p.s. Dont forget to enter my $80 Amazon.com gift card giveaway!

Reeni said...

Happy Blogiversary Jenn! Your film looks really good!

teresa said...

happy bloggy birthday!!

The Duo Dishes said...

Congrats to you! It's going to be a fun, exciting year for your blog and your film career. :)

kamran siddiqi (the sophisticated gourmet) said...

Happy Belated Blog Birthday! Your biscuits look absolutely lovely! :)

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Congratulations on turning two!!!!!!!!

Samantha said...

A great addition to my collection. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait ti try this especially for my family.

OysterCulture said...

Happy 2! and I love buttermilk biscuits. Just awesome.

Jemimah said...

Really effective data, thanks for this article.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger