Search Bread + Butter

Friday, July 9, 2010

Cathy's Deli


The next couple weeks are going to be busy for me. I've been spending quite a bit to time up in the Santa Clarita area lately. Getting to know the place. It's like becoming my new "hood." Sort of, but not really. You see...I'm filming a project up there in the next few weeks, so my posts may become a little sporadic as I become more involved in the pre-production preparations. My head is everywhere right now trying to get the details done. Crossing them T's and dotting those I's.

It's actually a project I've been planning to do for a while, so...I'm glad to finally get in done. During my location trip yesterday, a friend of mine suggested this little deli.

Cathy's Deli
Located in a tiny strip mall like complex. 


The place isn't too big. Not too busy either, which suited us fine. It's got a deli/mom and pop restaurant feel to it.


We both order the french dip sandwich. Almost looked like a philly cheese steak in appearance. It came with some au jus sauce and your choice of french fries, cole slaw and a couple other choices that I forgot. I took the french fries. It also came with a pickle spear. As you can see, I was nearly half way done with my sandwich until I remember to take a picture of it. Hunger plus a tasty sandwich equals forgetfulness. Or maybe it's because i have too much going on in my noggin right now. HA! Either way I downed that sandwich. I like that you get the sauce on the side, that way you can make your own perfect sauce to bread ratio.


23120 Lyons Avenue
Newhall, CA 91321-2670
(661) 288-2217

17 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

Do keep us posted as your project progresses - it sounds exciting! There's nothing like a good sandwich to take your mind off a thousand and one details for a little while. 8-)

chow and chatter said...

enjoy your project and have a lovely weekend

Donna-FFW said...

Looks like a lovely place. I hope you get some well deserved rest during your work time !

Dewi said...

Place worth visiting. Thanks Jenn :))

The Duo Dishes said...

Good luck with filming. You'll probably find a bunch of new places while you're there.

Pam said...

I love a good French Dip. The fries look tasty too.

sophia said...

That is a LOT of sauce, though! Wonder if anyone actually finishes the whole bowl! I've never tried a French Dip sandwich before...can you believe it?

OysterCulture said...

Best of luck with you project and look forward to hearing the details when you are able.

zerrin said...

Good luck with your project!
And the sandwich looks great!

Miranda said...

Goodluck on your project. The deli looks incredible. I love a great sandwich.

Yes, That is my husbans guitar collection in my photos. My husband had 15. How have you won guitars????

Take care.

Reeni said...

The sandwich sounds delicious with the dipping sauce on the side! Hope your project is going well!

Diana said...

I love a good French dip -- been years since I've had one! I used to get them at Coco's when I was younger. I can't imagine I'd find theirs all that appealing now, but I good one like this I could definitely sink my teeth in!

Daily Spud said...

Good luck with your latest project - hope you still manage to find the time to have some good eats like that sandwich :)

Ameena said...

I love the mom and pop feel of restaurants...I hope that your project is going well Jenn!

Can you believe I've never been to Santa Clarita?

Phyllis said...

I love french dip sandwiches, nothing like dipping a meaty sandwich into some jus!

www.sofas.nom.es said...

It cannot have effect in reality, that is what I consider.

www.sillones.nom.es said...

I completely agree with the post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger