Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Planning with a Sandwich

The clock is ticking away as I prepare for my new film...er...project. Alright...the cat's out of the bag. The project I'm working is a film. It's a short film really, but it's still a film. Not my first one, but I hope that I hope will lead to something else. :) This is what has been taking up most of my time. Just a little portion of what I have to deal with to prepare.


Storyboards, paperwork, casting, paperwork, designs, meetings, research... and did I mention paperwork. Planning, planning, planning!!

I took an afternoon lunch venture to my favorite bakery. Porto's Bakery in Glendale. I've written about them a few times on B + B before. I've been going to them for years ad nothing would stop me from going there now, no matter how crowded the place can get at times.

I happen to choose a time when it was close to being near the end of the lunch time rush. Luckily, I didn't have trouble finding a seat as most of the people ordering at the cafe were getting "to-go."

As an appetizer, I order a tasty chorizo empanada. It's one of the reasons why I love this place aside from their baked goodies. They also serve delicious Cuban treats. Delish! It's not like an empanadas I've eaten before. I love the really flaky crust on them.

As the main attraction, I get the grilled chicken sandwich. I usually get the Cuban or the Medianoche, but I was in a poulty mood on that day.

It had some grilled chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, provolone cheese, dijon mustard, mayo on a piece of french bread. Served with a side of marqiuitas (fried plantain chips).

Delicious tender chicken. It's a simple sandwich that fills you up right. 


Porto's Bakery
315 North Brand Boulevard,
Glendale, CA
(818) 956-5996

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh is this your first film? Congrats :). I love it how you manage to always make food such a big part of your day. I do that too. My whole life revolves around it LOL.
*kisses* HH

lisaiscooking said...

Wow, that empanada crust looks amazing! Good luck with your project!

Reeni said...

Looks tasty - especially the empanada!! Hope your project is going well.

Adventures in Domestic Cooking said...

Would love to see your short film!
My brother is totally into film making, so I know what all goes into films and such.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

What an exciting project!!! :) The sandwich looks wonderful!

vanillasugarblog said...

your first film? i thought you had a couple out already?
i'm always in the mood for a savory empanda. hell yes.

Jenn said...

Thanks everyone!

HH: No, I've already made a few films already in the past several years.

Dawn: Yup. I've made three already. :)

ValleyWriter said...

Oh boy - congrats on the new project!! Can't wait to hear more about it. And the food looks so yummy. We don't have many good sandwich shops around here - it's very sad. Oh well, I just have to live vicariously through you I guess!

Dewi said...

Good luck with the film Jenn. maybe one day we'll get to see it in the big screen :)

Justin said...

good luck with that project. i just saw your comment on my blog. just to clear up any confusion -- shake shack is in NYC, and they just opened a new branch which i was writing about. it was just meh. i'll be writing about my trip to D.C. today or tomorrow if you want some tips before you go. trust me, The Good Stuff Eatery in D.C. is soooo much better than shake shack in NYC.

Heather S-G said...

Oh, Yum on both!!! Have I told you how cool you and your job are? =)

Donna-FFW said...

Congrats on your newest gig! Sure looks like lots of work. Nice that you have a favorite place nearby to unwind!

theUngourmet said...

Best of luck on your film! This looks like a great place to eat and brainstorm! ;)

Koek! said...

Good luck! Nice sandwich :-)

Thistlemoon said...

Congratulations, Jenn! That is so exciting! Best of luck with everything!

OysterCulture said...

Best of luck on your film - this place looks like the perfect place to brainstorm

Phyllis said...

Mmmmmmm...chorizo empanada! I don't think I've had Cuban pastries before, looks delish. Good luck on your new film, Jenn. So exciting :)

The Duo Dishes said...

Good luck on your film! Wonderful news!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger