Search Bread + Butter

Monday, September 6, 2010

A Labor Day Snack

I hope all you folks in the US are having a good labor day. Today will be simply short post. I want to share with you a simple snack that I love to eat. It's really an anytime snack, but perfect for those warm summer days. Good for picnics, parties, bbq.  It's basically nearly ripe mango sprinkled with some salt and sugar. That's all. It's a healthy sweet and salty snack that's really delicious.  Mmmm...just thinking about it makes me want some right now.



Sweet and Salty Mango
 
1 large nearly ripe mango
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp salt

Peel the mango and cut into chunks or sticks.  Place the pieces on the bowl and toss together with the salt and sugar. Serve chilled or room temp.

9 comments:

Ameena said...

Love the simplicity of this Jenn...this is such an authentic Indian snack too. There is nothing like a perfect mango!

Hope you are having a great Labor Day as well!

tinyskillet said...

Yummy! I know in Mexico they sprinkle a little chili powder on it too! Too bad the squirrels ate all my mangoes!

Jhonny walker said...

simple is good...look at google. :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I never would have thought to put salt on a mango. I think I'll try that.
*kisses* HH

OysterCulture said...

Cannot wait to give this a try. Have never salted my mango before (on purpose) need to branch out more.

lisaiscooking said...

Fresh mango is so great. I just had some for breakfast this morning. Happy Labor Day!

Hari Chandana P said...

Yummy !!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Sweet and salty...the best flavor combination!

Anonymous said...

Loving the sweet and salty combo! I'll have to make this for my daughter who loves mangoes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger