Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Early holiday surprise?


The other day, I notice this large package right beside my door. It had some good weight to it. I don't remember ordering anything that had a lot of weight to it. I take it in and open it.

Low and behold it's a package from Hickory Farms. What?! Then I remembered I opted in on an opportunity to try some samples via the Tastemaker program from Foodbuzz. (Thanks, Foodbuzz and Hickory Farms!!) Who are they? Oh...you know...you've probably received one of their lovely gift packages for Christmas as a gift from someone. I know I do every year. At least one or two tops of the small boxes that have a sausage, cheese, crackers and a small jar of hot mustard, which I simply love to spread on sandwiches. Not to mention the cute little spread knife and strawberry candies that come in the package. I knew to always expect one every Christmas.

Sometimes you get one and wonder...what the heck are going to do with it? Have a cheese and cracker party? You know that's not a bad idea. You can. Or you can make a delicious meal out of it. Can you tell the hamster wheel in my head already turning?


Look at it!! 

In the box:
1 Sweet Hot Mustard -- I love this one!!
1 Honey and Pineapple Mustard
1 Three Cheese and Onion Wedge
1 Smooth and Sharp Wedge
1 block Cheddar & Havarti blend
1 block Big Barn Cheddar
2 small boxes of Sesame, Caraway, and Sea Salt Crackers
3 Beef Summer Sausage (2 Premium Beef -- Semi-Dry and 1 White Pepper Slow Cured)
3 strawberry candies

Now I don't want to serve this up like cheese and crackers appetizer snacks. I've got some plans for those babies especially them sausages. Like mac and cheese or pizza or fried rice. Just to name a few. If you have any suggestions I'd be most happy to hear them. I'm definitely open to making something out of them.  You'll just have to wait and see.

9 comments:

Nisrine@Dinners and Dreams said...

What a wonderful set. I love gifts like this.

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme said...

I never know what to do with those Hickory Farms packages, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Looks yummy! Enjoy! :-)

teresa said...

FUN! why oh why did i not opt in on this one. can't wait to see what you do!

♥peachkins♥ said...

wow! I wish maka-receive din ako ng ganyan..

Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise! Great goodies there!

sophia said...

oh em gi. That is NICE!!!! Esp that Honey and Pineapple Mustard...and of course all the cheese!! What are you gonna make with them?! :D

Ameena said...

I second what Lana said...Ali brings home stuff from work like this and I usually end up re-gifting. Terrible, right?? I have no shame. :)

www.tabletpc-shop.info said...

This can't truly have success, I suppose so.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger