Search Bread + Butter

Monday, November 22, 2010

Harry Potter, Car Trouble, and Lobster Bisque-- Just another Saturday

Saturday was an interesting day. First, I had myself a little car trouble. Nothing to do with the engine, bu more to do with my window. And it just so happens that on that day it was raining. Not fun. Then a matinee trip to the Cineramadome at the Arclight Theater in Hollywood to watch Harry Potter. Yes, I'm an HP geek. I've read all the books and I love the movies. I wouldn't miss seeing it on opening weekend. I've been wait for the movie for the past year, soooo worth it! Cant wait for part 2.




Then spent a couple hours after trying to fix my window again. I need to take it to an auto body shop. Ugh! :( By then my stomach was grumbling, I was stressing out and it was getting late. I'm kind of picky sometimes at what times I eat. So I took an early dinner with my mom to Granville Cafe at the Americana. I've written about the place before in this post. Our trip this time around was basically just to relieve some of the stresses of the day. 


As we made our way there, we passed by another restaurant and conversed about a lobster bisque they had on their menu. We spend a few good minutes on that. Ha. 


We arrive at Granville and take our seats. First thing we ask was the soup of the day. I had been craving soup for a while and rainy days are perfect for those. Our waitress kindly tells us, which was...lobster bisque. Well...wouldn't you know? So we each order a cup. We also order the rest of our meal from the Shareables section. 






Loberster Bisque seasoned with apple brandy. Two toasty slices of french bread with herbs. Not to mention the two large chunks of lobster in the soup. I enjoyed this one. It's got a nice creamy texture to it. I love how the toasted baguette slices didn't soak up the soup too much, so you got that nice soft/crunch when you bite down onto it. and they were generous with the pieces of lobster. It wasn't those pea-sized pieces.




Sweet Potato fries with ranch dressing, ketchup and blue cheese dressing. I'm a sucker for this. Any restaurant. I'll be tempted to order it no matter what. This was when I realized that I had a small deep fryer at home. I had a mini lightbulb moment. 


Lettuce Cups.  Butter lettuce with a mix of mango, avocado, grape tomato and asian slaw. Served with a side of asian dipping sauce. My mom had ordered this before but with some slices of beef. This time around we left it purely vegetarian style. Still tasty.


Granville's Artisan Cheese Quesdilla
Fontina, Gruyere and Mozzarella Cheeses in a flour tortilla, with Basil Pesto, Grilled Vegetables, Caramelized Onions and Crumbled Goat Cheese

I like quesadilla. Period. Need I say more. Hehe...okay. I love the chunks of veggies that were in it. Zucchini, bell pepper...

It was a good way to end a semi-stressful day. A good meal and an awesome movie. 


Grandville Cafe (Glendale) 
The Americana at Brand
807 Americana Way
Glendale, California 91210
(818) 550-0472

8 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sorry about the car window problems...

Dinner looks AMAZING! Your ordered everything I love!!! Now I really want some sweet potato fries; it's been forever since I had some...

lisaiscooking said...

The lobster bisque sounds fantastic! I had a restaurant dish over the weekend that involved a shrimp bisque sauce, and I'm still thinking about it. I need to make some bisque!

Unknown said...

NOthing fixes a rainy day and broken window better than some delicious food :D
*kisses* HH

teresa said...

drooooooling over that crazy awesome dinner. especially that bisque, mmmm. hope you're enjoying your holiday week!

Reeni said...

Your food looks so tasty! I want what you're having! Sorry about your window! I'm a HP fan too!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Boo about the car but hooray for the yummy food!

theUngourmet said...

It all looks fantastic! I can't believe I still haven't tried Lobster Bisque!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about car window. The lobster bisque sounds so good, especially flavored with apple brandy, yum!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger