Search Bread + Butter

Monday, May 4, 2009

Manchego Cookies



Croustillants. Just another fancy name for cheese crackers. It's actually french. A couple Christmas' ago, my mom had given me this cookbook called Williams-Sonoma Foods of the World, Paris. She knew my love for the city and its food. Lots of delicious recipes in there that I would like to eventually try. The cheese cracker recipe was included in the appetizer section. IT got me thinking. What about cheese in a cookie? So I changed up the original by using Manchego cheese and garnishing with some dry parsley and basil. The final result is a nice cheese taste. Not overpowering with a hint of herb. A beautiful blend.


Manchego Cookies

1/2 C shredded Manchego cheese
1 C Flour
6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter or Margarine
Pinch of Salt

Dry Basil
Dry Parsley


Preheat Oven 325˚F

Combine all ingredients in a food processor until a dough consistency.

If mixing by hand, grate the manchego cheese and combine with the flour. Once blended together mix in the butter until it is like a dough consistency.

Remove from bowl, mold into a cylinder shape and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 1/2 an hour.

Then remove from plastic wrap and cut 1/2" thick slices. Remold to a circular shape, if needed. Sprinkle some dry basil and parsley. Place on a non-greased baking sheet.

Bake for 20-25min. Let cool completely then enjoy.


32 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

cookie/biscuit/cracker whatever you call it this sounds so delicious - it sounds like it would be good along side a chowder

Heather S-G said...

These sound so great...anything manchego. Cheese + cookie = delicious! Come visit me when you get a chance...I left something for you on my post today :)

Dewi said...

Manchego cookies? now I am really intrigue. Sounds very delicious.

Sippity Sup said...

I just love this kind of thinking! GREG

Admin said...

Give me a plate of these, a glass of white and a good book and I won't be bothering good and innocent people for at least an afternoon.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

A great combo again Jenn-the cookies look great.

teresa said...

What a great idea, these look so good with some fruit on the side!

Kelly said...

Those cookies and some fresh fruit would be heaven! They look wonderful!

Diana said...

Those look delicious! I love anything with cheese!

Jenn said...

doggy: Yes, a bow of chowder would go great with this.

girlichef: Neat, thanks.

Elra: It is. Cheesy good. =)

Sippity Sup: Sweet!!!

Leela: Lazy afternoon with a plate of these...sounds like a good idea to me.

Sweta: Thanks.

Teresa: With fruit, Yes!!

Kelly: Thank you!

Diana: Same here. =)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, nothing else needs to be said.

Pam said...

Yum. I've never had this kind of cookie before but I love manchego so I know I would love them.

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Mmm looks tasty! I am usually pretty happy with recipes from the W-S cookbooks... this looks like a good one, too!

Joie de vivre said...

A savory cookie...girl, you have rocked my world. Now, what do you serve them with?

Jenn said...

Eric: I agree!

Pam:

Jen: I love almost everything about W-S. It's like my toy store. Also Sur La Table.

Joie: Maybe a nice glass of wine or a cup of iced or warm tea.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenn!
Greetings!
No wonder you like cheese!LOL
Congratulations on being chosen for the Foodbuzz Top 9 today!
Cheers,
Robert-Gilles

Jenn said...

Robert-Gilles: Thanks! (I love my cheese LOL)

Reeni said...

A savory cookie-what a great idea! They sound so yummy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow these look great, I bet they'd go nicely with a good glass of wine. Can't wait to test out that theory.

Tangled Noodle said...

I would not be able to stop eating these!

Juliana said...

These sounds great for entertainment...I'll definitely try it!

Jim said...

These look like they should be illegal! I have to clean the my keyboard, I just drooled all over it!

Thistlemoon said...

This totally rules! I love me some cheese cookies!

Jenn said...

Reeni: They are!

Oyster Culture: Let me know how that theory works out. =)

Tangled noodle: I can't stop eating them. i needed to restrain myself.

Juliana: You can serve the up as appetizers.

Jim: LOL!

Jenn: I'll take these cookies any day.

the wicked noodle said...

Cheese and cookies in one delicious step? Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I have a confession: I don't like cookies. I just don't like sweet desserts, but I do LOVE cheese. this is one cookie I would devour in a minute!

Teanna said...

I love all of the Williams Sonoma cookbooks! They are the best! Those Manchego cookies look amazing!

Anonymous said...

I definitely need to make these! The manchego cookies sound just wonderful! And love the hint of herbs!

Fearless Kitchen said...

This is a really interesting, creative idea!

Jenn said...

Wicked Noodle: Thanks!

burpandslurp: Sweet, at least I got you to like one cookie. =)

Teanna: W-S books are so awesome.

5 Star Foodie: The herbs are subtle enough to blend perfectly with the cheese.

Fearless Kitchen: Thanks.

Daily Spud said...

Manchego cookie did you say? I am so there...

Jenn said...

Daily Spud: Awesome!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger