Search Bread + Butter

Friday, May 15, 2009

Teriyaki Pizza


I did it!! I finished my script!! I wrote it in exactly one week. When I finally typed the words "The End," I wanted to cry. But I didn't. It's not yet perfect by any means. I am just relieved to get the first draft out and done. What does this have to do with food, you ask? Well, as with any accomplishment, you have to celebrate.

So to celebrate, I made myself a pizza. A teriyaki pizza. I can imagine the people at CPK quivering at the knees. (*insert evil laugh*) I used my glaze recipe as the sauce, but substituting minced garlic for the garlic powder. I also didn't have enough time to make my own dough, so I used the Pillsbury pizza crust instead. You can use other pre-made dough of your choice or make it from scratch.


Also last month, I received some seasonings in the mail. You may have seen some other bloggers write about these as well. I've lagging on using them. Amazing Taste. Appropriately named because it quite amazing. I used their Malibu seasoning. It contains ingredients similar to what I usually use when I season poultry. I cubed up some chicken tenders and coated each piece liberally and let it sit for 5-10 min to let the flavors soak into the pores of the meat and pan-fried them. I really liked it. It puts a nice "zing" to a somewhat bland chicken. Amazingly enough the flavors of the seasoning blends well with the other flavors of this pizza. Not overpowering. The meat itself was still juicy. It was really like a medley in your mouth and they were doing a hoedown. Check out their site (here) to see where you can get yourself some. And they're relatively cheap. Cheap is good.

All in all, a satisfying celebratory pizza.


Teriyaki Pizza

1 can Pillsbury pizza dough or your choice of premade dough.
4 large chicken tenders (seasoned and cubed)
1 large bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 medium onion (sliced)
1/2 c pineapple bits (no juice)
shredded cheese of your choice (I used 4 cheese mix from Sargento)

Teriyaki Glace/Sauce:
3 garlic cloved (minced)
1/3 c Soy Sauce
1/3 c Rice Wine Vinegar
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp Water


Preheat oven 375˚F

Season the chicken pieces with Amazing Taste seasoning or your seasoning of choice. Let it sit for 5-10min to let the chicken "marinate."

In a small saucepan, heat some olive oil and saute the garlic until almost brown. Then add in soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, brown sugar and heat until thickened. Set aside.

In another pan, coat the bottom with oil and heat. When hot, cook chicken roughly 5-8 min per side. Once cooked, remove from heat and let it cool to redistribute juices then shred into pieces.

Roll out the pizza dough onto a baking sheet and spread the teriyaki glaze/sauce. Be sure to leave a little room for the crust. Then layer on the cheese, bell pepper, onions, pineapple and chicken. Lastly sprinkle a little bit more cheese on top.

Bake for 15-20 min or until crust is golden brown.

CPK, eat your heart out!!!


30 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

congrats on the script, you deserve pizza! GREG

Teanna said...

Now THAT is a pizza that I would dive right into!

Ozge said...

Jenn, you never fail to cook mouth drooler (err I'm allowed to make no sense since I'm not native, no?) food!

Donna-FFW said...

Congrats on finishing your script. You deserve this plate of deliciousness. Sounds tasty!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

I like the shape :)
Can't wait to read more about your script-congrats on completing it!Definitely a cause for celebration :)

chow and chatter said...

congrats on the script, i am sure it rocks, great pizza have a fun weekend

Christo Gonzales said...

way to go finishing up that draft and pizza is a perfect reward!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the script! I love chicken on pizza - it's a nice change of pace. And the teriyaki has piqued my interest!

Kelly said...

Ok, that looks so good! Also, glad to hear the good news about your script! :)

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Looks delicious... Congratulations on finishing your script!! Eat an extra slice for me :)

The Duo Dishes said...

Cheap is good, finishing a script is good, pizza is good. It's all good. OH, and it's Friday! You hit everything on the nail.

vanillasugarblog said...

Congrats! I know how happy you must be.
How is that pizza dough in a can? Pretty good? Does it need stuff (salt & pepper?).
I think it's brillant to put terriyaki on a pizza, why not. Awesomeness!

Diana said...

Congratulations on finishing the script! The pizza sounds like the perfect way to celebrate! :)

How did you like the Pillsbury dough -- worth trying?

Jenn said...

Sippty Sup: Thanks.

Teanna: I dove and savoured!

Ozge: Yes, you're allowed to. LOL

Chow and Chatter: You too!

ValleyWriter: I love teriyaki!

Jen: I did for sure!

Donna-FFW, Sweta, doggy, kelly, Duo dishes: Thanks.

Dawn: The Pillsbury stuff is pretty good. I didn't add any salt as the toppings already has some saltiness to it. I was pretty pleased with the result.

Diana: Yes, it's worth trying.

Dewi said...

Teriyaki Pizza, what an inventive thinking Jenn! Sounds perfect for the week end.

Bob said...

Congratz! I got some of those seasonings recently too, I've been trying to decide what to make with them. That pizza looks amazing, I might just try it out.

lisaiscooking said...

Chicken pizza sounds great! I never make that at home, but I should.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a Teriyaki pizza - sounds delicious! Congratulations on finishing the script - how wonderful!

Heather S-G said...

YUM!! This seriously looks amazing...I could tear it up! Good use of the AT seasoning, too. Hooray for finishing your script!!

Jenn said...

Elra & 5 star foodie: Thanks.

Bob: give the seasonings a try. Can't wait to see waht you come up with.

lisaiscooking: Chicken on a pizza is good.

girlichef: No need to tear up. Just enjoy and savour the pizza. =)

zerrin said...

A perfect celebration with this pizza! Congrats on finishing the script. I love the flavor of garlic on pizza and this one looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the script - the pizza looks amazing. Any hints on the story line or who's in the pic?

Jenn said...

zerrin: Garlic is an essential for this.

OysterCulture: No one attached just yet. I'm actually vaguely writing about it on my other blog for this Sunday. But it the location is in the Philippines. Maybe an excuses to go back to the motherland for a while. =)

pigpigscorner said...

Congrats! Pizza is just so satisfying isn't it. Yum yum!

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations on your first draft! It's as big an achievement as the final manuscript because it starts the momentum. I'm relieved whenever I finish my first paragraph . . . 8-)

This pizza is awesome; I love your glaze recipe. And believe me that CPK is trembling b/c the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post title was, "If I can make it at home, I don't need to go to CPK!"

Jenn said...

pigpigscorner: It is indeed satisfying!

Tangled Noodle: CPK should be afraid. They should be very afraid!!

Reeni said...

Congrats on getting your script done! What a creative and mouth-watering celebration pizza!

Jenn said...

Reeni: Thanks. =)

teresa said...

What an accomplishment, congratulations! The pizza looks heavenly!

Jenn said...

Teresa: Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger