Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Tacos



Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!! It's time to get your margarita on. Wooooo...

How about some tacos with an Asian twist, eh? This is my take on the whole Korean taco craze here in LA. Take that Kogi BBQ!!! (...but in all seriousness they really do have good tacos.)

For my version, it has some teriyaki glazed pan-fried chicken on a bed of stir-fried veggies in a warm wheat tortilla.



Glazed Teriyaki Chicken Tacos

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken:

4 large chicken tenders
Salt
Pepper
Paprika

4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp Water

For the Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, cornstarch and brown sugar and heat until the glaze thickens.

Season the chicken tenders with salt, pepper and paprika.

Heat a pan with some oil. When hot, cook chicken rough 5-8 min per side. Baste the chicken with the glaze before turning. Baste again after turning.


Veggie Stir-Fry:

1 red bell pepper (sliced)
1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
1 small onion (sliced)
2 baby bok choy (sliced)
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
Sesame Seeds
salt & pepper to season

In a wok or large skillet, heat some cooking. Saute the onions, bell peppers, and bok choy. Season with salt and pepper.

When the the veggies looks tender, adding the oyster sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes. Stir to distribute flavors. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and stir once again.


Putting it all together: Wrap loosely 4 tortillas flat in some foil. Warm in the oven for 5-10min.

Place a nice helping of the stir-fry then a chicken tender, wrap it up and enjoy.

30 comments:

Dewi said...

What a clever idea JENN! THis teriyaki glaze tacos sounds like a delicious fusion meal.
Cheers,
elra

Christo Gonzales said...

I wish we had a Korean taco craze going on over here - maybe we do and I am simply out of the loop - great idea Jenn these looks uber tasty!

Pam said...

What a great idea. I love simple and delicious recipes like this.

tavolini said...

Happy cinco, INDEED! Fantastic idea to pair the teriyaki and a taco :)

teresa said...

Mmm, great idea, this looks so tasty!

Heather S-G said...

These sound awesome. Korean tacos...yum!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Nice and spicy-just the way I like it :) Are there any leftovers?? ;)

Screamin' Mama said...

Hmmm...that looks yummy! I love using soft tacos instead of normal white bread.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

These look delicious! Great idea to make tacos with Asian flavors... the veggie stir fry sounds great, even by itself!

alice said...

Move over Kogi, B+B coming at you.

Diana said...

Looks good! We have a korean/hawaiian taco truck opening up in Seattle soon. I'm so excited to try it out!

Anonymous said...

You had me at Taco.

Jenn said...

Elra: Thankss.

doggy: I remember reading of place over a justcookNYC.blogspot.com that had a version of korean tacos.

pam: Thanks.

TavoLini: Why not, right? =)

teresa: yes, tasty!

girlichef: :-p

Sweta: I wish there was. I'm craving for one right now.

Screamin' Mama: It's a nice change from the regular sandwich.

jen: the stir-fry it's really simple to make.

alice: That right!! LOL.

Diana: Nice!!!

eric: LOL. Taco's the word.

Unknown said...

Looks great! Sure beats the ground turkey tacos we're having for dinner... maybe a change in menu is in order :-)
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Anonymous said...

The Korean taco craze is indeed taking off, we have a few restaurants here in SF taking part - probably more but those are just the ones I know about.

Your unique version sounds wonderful and I cannot wait to try.

Diana said...

I love it! Jenn, you are officially my hero. :)

Plus, you totally reminded me that I have rice wine vinegar on hand that I can use in my stirfry tonight! Yum!

zerrin said...

Jenn, this is so appetizing! I didn't know that sugar is added in the sauce. thanks for this great recipe!

Jenn said...

ValleyWriter: Turkey tacos sound good too.

OysterCulture: Neat. I'll have to let my friends up there know about it.

Diana: I'm just doing what I love to do. :-P

Zerrin: Some recipes use sugar, some don't. It just gives it alittle bit of sweetness.

Sippity Sup said...

tacos, tacos, tacos! everywhere I look tacos. I admit I addicted to the Korean Taco Truck here in L.A. (do they have them other places). I get on their website and stalk them like a deranged 13 year old girl of questionable intelligence! GREG

Anonymous said...

Delicious taco - love the fusion idea! Excellent recipe!

Jenn said...

Sippity Sup: LOL.

5 Star Foodie: Thanks.

Zriz said...

Looks positively yummy Jenn! This I gotta try! Grabbing the recipe now! :) I'll give you a holler when I try it...hehehe

Jamie said...

Looks so super yummy! Love teriyaki glaze on chicken and your homemade teriyaki sauce must be a billion times more delicious than the old bottled kind. Scrumptious!

Teanna said...

Mexican/Asian fusion! My favorite! That looks delicious!

Jenn said...

Zriz: Ya let me know how it goes.

jamie: No preservatives either.

Teanna: Thanks!

Tangled Noodle said...

No Korean tacos in MN so these are great!

Jenn said...

Tangled Noodle: This a good replacement. =)

test it comm said...

I like the sound of teriyaki tacos!

Jenn said...

Kevin: Thanks. =)

comprar yate said...

It won't work in actual fact, that is exactly what I suppose.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger