Search Bread + Butter

Friday, October 22, 2010

Production Eats No. 30

This week I worked on the the show The Defenders. Shot some scenes in downtown Los Angeles. Luckily, it was all inside and away from the rain. Though, I must say...my energy wasn't all there. As much as I love the rain, it just made me feel tired. Probably more than usual. So by the end of the day I was ready crash my head on a pillow. I wasn't feeling like working at all.

Anyway...lunch rolled around. I had hoped the food would give me a much needed energy boost. (yeah...it had no affect)

Let's see wht on the plate this time around: (Top clockwise) Linguini with some sauteed tomato and spinach, a dinner roll with butter, grilled salmon, greek salad with a tofu wedge and some corn, green beans.

The salmon was nice and tender. It's that chunky piece at the center of the plate. I stuffed a portion of it into my bread and turned it into a salmon sandwich. Hmmm...that could be another idea right there.


Dessert was an oatmeal cookie and some fruit. Unfortunately the bottom of the cookies were slightly burnt. Bummer. But that didn't mean it wasn't edible, it was just the top thinnest later of the cookie. There was also some cheesecake and chocolate cake and ice cream. Talk about dessert overload. I kind wish I took that cheesecake instead of the cookie. Darn!

14 comments:

lisaiscooking said...

Hope next week is better for you weather-wise! The grilled salmon sounds great. In fact, that's what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Ameena said...

This weather is great but I am also so tired?? It must be the rain. I think a cookie like that would certainly give me some much needed energy on this Friday night. :)

Unknown said...

I always feel horrid when I get a less than fabulous desert. HOpefully this weekend will bring you lots of goodies.
*kisses* HH

chow and chatter said...

sorry about the rain, and the bread lasagna is so cool esp. the egg on top he he

organic tables said...

Wow!Everything looks great especially the grilled salmon! Lovely.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I thought it never rained in LA :)

The food looks great except for the poor burned cookie. I love what you did with the salmon...very inventive :)

Dewi said...

It's an interesting combination in one plate. The tofu looks mouth watering. What's that sauce on the tofu?

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

yes i totally, the grilled salmon sounds just yummy!

pigpigscorner said...

I love the ratin as long as I'm indoors =)

Pam said...

The rain always makes me feel tired too. The salmon sandwich is a great idea.

Joie de vivre said...

Jenn,
You changed your profile picture and I didn't recognize you! I hope you're having a better week than last!

sophia said...

Hahaha!!! I love you, Jen. I hope you're not still thinking about the cheesecake. I actually like burnt cookies though! I love burnt stuff. Well, not totally black, but sort of charred...

Reeni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carry said...

I wouldn't know which to eat first. They all look so beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger