Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, October 24, 2009

1st Birthday Buffet

Last weekend, I helped celebrate by godson's first birthday. A monumental first. It's weird to think that it's been a year from when I first saw him at his birth. How time flies by so fast. It was a halloween/birthday, so the little babies came dressed for the occasion. As with any party the food  consisted of buffet style servings. It was a mix of Chinese and Filipino food.



On the menu:


Lumpiang Shanghai - Filipino-style eggrolls


Spaghetti with hotdog slices. Yeah that's how we rolls in the Philippines. Forget the meatballs, put the hotdog instead and add ketchup and a little sugar to the sauce with make it a little sweet.


Fried Chicken
Lechon Kawali - Deep-fried pork pieces (That's my favorite!!!)


Beef with Broccoli


Shrimp with sauteed veggies
Orange Chicken


Sweet and Sour Fish


Kare-kare (pronounced ka-re) - this one is a peanut butter based dish with veggies, pork and tripe.


Turon - this is a little similar to my fried plantains except that it's wrapped in an eggroll wrapper with a piece of jack fruit inside then fried with a brown sugar coating. Sooo good.

Must not forget the white rice. You can't go to an Asian party without there being rice. There was also Filipino-Style adobo, but I forgot to take a pic of that one.






Of course, can forget the birthday cakes. I'm not sure what the flavors were bit the first one had a cookie like center to it. It was pretty good. It was a fun food filled day.

Here's a couple of pics from the party.



 A Spongebob bounce house. I haven't been in one of those in years, so it was pretty fun to jump back in and play around. Bring that inner child out from me once again.


The proud mama, and my best friend for nearly 2 decades, with the birthday boy.


So many babies!!! No wonder I was tuckered out by the end of it.

Finally, I just have to share this last one. The little St. Bernard. How adorable is that?!


23 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

ang cute!!!... I'm sure you went home with a full stomach.

alice said...

Friggin' adorable! I love Asian parties where buffet is serve. By the looks of the spread looks like everyone celebrated with full bellies!

Mardi Michels said...

What a GREAT spread - I would like that for my birthday!!!!! He is too cute for words!

Unknown said...

Ha, I'm dying over the german shepard! How cute!!!! Looks like a fab party, i bet everyone went home stuffed.

Donna-FFW said...

AWWWWWW....how precious!!

What a feast, everything looked so delicious!

Unknown said...

Amazing spread! And your godson is too cute!

lisaiscooking said...

Cute kids! Sounds like a fun day with so much good food!

Danielle said...

That spread looks sooo good! So many new dishes I am now really eager to try! For my first birthday I had a Teddy Bear Picnic. My mum made an insane amount of peanut butter sandwiches that looked like teddy bears!

Miranda said...

Love it! My baby is going to be 2 in a few months. It flys by!
The food looks terrific...Wish I was invited. LOL.

chow and chatter said...

oh wow great theme for a birthday and great food so so cute

vanillasugarblog said...

you know I really did not want to click on the link because I knew there'd be a ton of amazing food. Now I'm STARVING! Man what a spread.

Parita said...

chooo cute!!! everything looks super delicious!

Fresh Local and Best said...

What an adorable little boy, and very cute costume! These is a incredible feast you guys presented at the birthday. You must have a wonderfully large family! I love the Turon, I've had it before and the flavors work so well together!

Heather S-G said...

How cute :) Looks like a great party!

Anonymous said...

What a feast! I'd like to make spaghetti with hot dog slices sometime. My mom used to put a small piece of hot dog, pickled daikon radish and a third ingredient in Korean-style sushi when I was growing up.

Christo Gonzales said...

what a great party with so much wonderful food - and I think the german shepard is a st. bernard!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

What a great party! All the food looks delicious:) I love that you put hot dogs in pasta...it's probably pretty tasty:)

Jenn said...

Doggy: Oops...Thanks. I've corrected that. ;-D

Reeni said...

How precious! What a delicious feast! I hope you saved me one of everything!

Anonymous said...

What a party. What a cutie. What delicious looking food.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Happy Birthday to your godson! He is so cute! Love all the food! And the cakes! :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

So, did the birthday boy enjoy his food :-). It looks wonderful.

OysterCulture said...

What fun and what a great occasion. Looks like tremendous food and friendship

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger