Search Bread + Butter

Friday, April 3, 2009

Baked Sweet Potato Fries



Made a nice filling dinner the other night. 4 dishes, 4 recipes and this is the first.


Baked Sweet Potato Fries

2 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes (cut into sticks)
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbps Paprika
1 Tbps Dry Basil
1 Tbps Dry Oregano
1 Tbps Dry Parsley


(I used a few other herbs into the mix, but this should suffice. I gotta keep some secrets. :-P)


Preheat oven 400˚F

Combine basil, oregano, parsley, Rosemary in a small bowl and mix.

Place sweet potato sticks in a large zip-lock bag or in a large bowl. Drizzle in olive oil and herb mix in the bag and mix coating the sticks evenly. If using a bowl toss the sticks with your hand or some tongs.

Place the sticks on a baking sheet and bake for 30 min. About half way through flip the fries over to give them even cooking.

Then serve. I used a brown sandwich bag. I cut down along the 4 corners about inch after where that little bump on the front it. Fold the flaps inward creating a barrier for the bag to keep the outer layer from getting any oil residue.

Enjoy!

17 comments:

Jen Schall @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Oh my - I absolutely love sweet potato fries. These look fantastic! I haven't made any in a while. I will have to give these a try very soon. I'm looking forward to seeing the other 3 recipes you made!

Anonymous said...

These sound awesome! I'll be trying these soon!

The Duo Dishes said...

Ohhhh we love sweet potatoes!!! It's a known fact. They are good however they come. If they come like this, we'd love some ketchup on the side.

Jenn said...

Jen: Thanks. Three dishes are coming up in the next couple of days. =)

5 Star Foodie: Have fun making them!

Duo Dishes: Gotta have my ketchup too. I was going to make a little dip to go with this too, but didn't have time.

Joie de vivre said...

These look like they turned out very nicely! This is my first time on your site, I'm so glad I found you!

Jenn said...

Joie de vivre: They were delish. Thanks for visit. I hope you'll visit often. I've got tons to share. =)

alice said...

I love sweet potato fries. The local BBQ place serves them up and they are addicting!

Jenn said...

alice: They are very addicting. There's this place close to my home, everytime I walk past the place I see someone at the outdoor patio with a bag full of them. I just to reach over and snatch 'em sometimes.

Bread and Jam said...

Sweet potato fries are a weakness of mine. I love how yours are sliced thicker than the typical thin ones many places serve. I like the idea of the herb mix you used as well. Will definitely try these.

Jenn said...

Bread and Jam: Thanks. Enjoyy the herb mix.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they look good, and baked I assume healthy for you, It could be the start of a new regulary addition to my diet,

Reeni said...

Sweet potato fries are the best! I've never made them at home. These look delicious!

Jenn said...

oyster culture: It is much healthier and delicious.

Reeni: Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Those look great! I've never been a fan of sweet potatoes but it's probably since I've never had them like this.

Thanks for sharing,

Eric

Jenn said...

eric: Give these a try. You'll love it.

Tangled Noodle said...

These are awesome, Jenn! So far, we've found only one place nearby that serves sweet potato fries so now, when I have a craving, I can make them myself!

Jenn said...

Tangled Noodle: No need to drive out and it'll save you a couple bucks too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger