Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Honey Mustard Mayo Dipping Sauce



Had some white sweet potatoes in the fridge, so I made more baked sweet potato fries this past weekend as a little lunch/snack. To go along with it I made a small batch of a super simple and easy honey mustard mayo dipping sauce. For anyone who's been to Pomme Fritz in New York, you may know that they have a nice selection of mayo and dipping sauces for their fries. I've never been there. But I would love to go when I get the chance. Also, this can be a nice sandwich spread, too. (But it ain't my special mustard spread, if you're wondering. :-P)


Honey Mustard Mayo Dipping Sauce

1 1/2 Tbsp Mayo (you may use light mayo)
1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 Tbsp Honey

Combine ingredients together in a small bowl.


Told you it was simple. It'll have a nice lemon color and it's not too sweet or tangy. It's a neat substitute for ketchup. Gives a dish a little flair. =)

For my recipe on sweet potatoe fries click here.

11 comments:

Jen Schall @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Looks delicious! I like the idea of serving the sweet potato fries with a honey mustard sauce. My husband usually douses them with BBQ sauce, but this sounds better to me!

Diana said...

Oooh that does sound simple! I'll give it a try next time I make oven fries. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Honey and Mustard! Yes Yes Yes!

Thanks again!

Eric

Joie de vivre said...

I think I would like sweet potato fries so much better if I made something like this. This sounds really easy, but like it adds so much flavor. (and a little fat makes everything better!)

Jenn said...

Jen: BBQ sauce is good, too. But I wouldn't douse them on mine though. hehe...

Diana: Give the fries a little p-zazz

Eric: Anytime. =)

Joie: The taste of both really mesh well. I don't think I'll be using ketchup with my sweet potato fries again.

tavolini said...

Sheeze, that sauce is easy! And I've never made it because I assumed I wouldn't have the right ingredients ;)

Never again will I buy honey mustard!

spiCes said...

im so intrigued, i've had and love honey mustard, but never had it with mayo:) interesting:)

Jenn said...

Tavolini: Definitely why buy and get all the processed stuff in it when you can make it at home and have it little healthier at the same time.


Spices: It's a good combo of flavors.

Jenn said...

sophie: Thanks.

www.mueblesennavarra.com said...

This will not actually have effect, I think so.

contactos en barcelona said...

For my part every person ought to go through it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger