Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baked Catfish

Made myself some catfish with a honey-mustard-basil marinade and panko crumb-parmesan cheese crust. I served it with some sauteed onions and tomato. Yum!

The mustard gives the catfish a tiny zing, so you don't get that fishy taste too much, which can get a bit overwhelming sometimes when cooking any type of fish. The panko-parmesan crust on top was crisp and gave the fish a nice crunch while the meat was still tender with it's natural juices. Baked the fish in 350 degree over for 15 minutes. While that was going, I sauteed the onions and tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper. The juices from the tomato made the mix into a slight sauce.

Put the onions and tomato as a bed for the catfish and the juices of the two mix.

Eat it over rice, veggies or in a sandwich. It's very tasty.

2 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

Between this and the biscuits, I'd swear you're a Southern girl! 8-)

Jenn said...

I'm no southern girl, but I do love food from the region.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger