Search Bread + Butter

Thursday, March 19, 2009

One of the best baking utensils invented

First, I'd like to shout out a YIPPY because I'm now a featured publisher on Foodbuzz. Sweet!!!!


Alrighty, so what is one of the best baking utensils invented? One word: Silpat.

I had first seen this rubbery thing on various cooking shows. I was always amazed how the food always comes out looking good. It is a silicone non-stick mat primarily used in baking. I've always baked on a baking sheet with either wax paper or some sort of grease agent and a lot of the time the end result was not, let's just say... satisfactory. So when I had bought myself one of these mats, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

The silpat has time and time again helped keep cookies from becoming coasters and biscuits from turning into hockey pucks. Baked goods slide off with ease. Helps goodies bake evenly. Pus, there's no need to put any grease on the baking sheet. Just put the silpat on top and you're good to go. Cleaning it is easy-peasy. It's also mirowave safe. Even if you're a novice at baking, this will help you out a lot. Besides, no one wants to eat a burnt cookie, right?

There are a few different sizes to choose from and are available at Williams-Sonoma, Sur La Table or any place that sells bakeware.

Check it out!! Silpat


Example:

Batch one., originally uploaded by Misadventures of Little J.

5 comments:

chow and chatter said...

congrats on being a publisher I just became one today also!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that before.

Thanks!

Eric

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. I've never heard of this either, but I am going to check it out! Thanks!

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations, fellow FB FP! 8-)

You're signing to the choir: I luvluvluv my silpat. One of these days, I'm going to get one for each of my baking pans!

Jenn said...

@eric and kirbie: It's definitely worth buying one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger