Search Bread + Butter

Monday, April 6, 2009

Cini Mini Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting



Now for the 4th and final recipe of the 4-part meal. I remember watching Barefoot Contessa on day and on the episode, Ina Garten had made some easy sticky buns.(Click here to view her recipe) It got me thinking on making some, but bite-sized. Here's my adaptation.

As I mentioned in the first of this 4-part post. Puff pastry usually comes in tri-folded sheet. The recipe below will use 1/3 of that pastry puff.

Serving size: 1/3 will generally make around 11 to 12 bites. One whole puff pastry will make 33 to 36 including edges.

The cream cheese frosting is similar to the cream cheese filling minus the strawberries.



Cini Mini Bites


1/3 Puff Pastry Sheet (cut at crease)
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (plus 4 Tbsp extra)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp Toffee Bits
1 Tbsp chopped Pecan chips (plus extra)
1/4 tsp melted butter
4 Tbsp butter (softened)
all purpose flour

Preheat oven 400˚F

Place pastry puff on a well-floured flat surface. Longest side towards you. Sprinkle brown sugar over dough, leaving a little over 1/2" at the top for the edge crust. Then sprinkle ground cinnamon, toffee bits and pecan chips. Make sure to get all the other sides but that open 1/2"

Brush the melted butter on that open 1/2", then roll the the dough nice and snug from the bottom up. Cut into 3/4" pieces.

Cream together the extra 4 Tbsp butter and 4 Tbsp brown sugar on a small bowl.

For baking sheets: Place mini muffins on greased sheet and place a tiny dollop of the butter and brown sugar mix and sprinkle some extra pecan ships.

For mini-muffin pans: place a tiny dollup of the butter mix at the bottom of each cup. Then place one piece of the cinnamon bites on top.

Bake for 10min.

For mini-muffin pans: to remove mini-bites, flip the pan onto a flat surface.
For sheet pans: remove with spatula.


Cream Cheese Frosting
2 oz. Cream Cheese (roughly 4 Tbsp)
4 Tbsp Confectioner Sugar (powdered sugar)
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract

Mix all three ingredients together in a small bowl


Putting it together: Place a nice dollop of frosting on each cini mini bite and enjoy!



18 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

Nooooo, I am so NOT making these little devils. I will eat them all. Yes, they are perfect. How adorable though.

Anonymous said...

Cini minis. :) If you make anything mini, that means we have to eat more. That's what it means!

Jenn said...

dawn: I had that same temptation when making these.

duodishes: Good point. But it's worth it.

Jen Schall @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Oooh - these look wonderful! I always bribe my husband with a Cinnabun whenever I want him to go shopping with me. Maybe I can make these to bribe him to do things around the house!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with duo dishes - mini is trouble, but these look worth it!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like that before. They.look.awesome!!! I must try this, I know my wife would love these!

Eric

Jenn said...

jen: Bite-sized makes it more enticing. Almost like a doggy treat in a way. haha.

oyster: in this case trouble is good.

eric: They're a really lovely mid-day snack.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenn!
Great idea!
only problem is that you will tempt into eating too many of them! LOL
Robert-Gilles

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I apparently repeated everybody else's comments!
LOL
Robert-Gilles

Jenn said...

Robert: lol. No worries. =)

Pam said...

Oh yum. I could eat about 20 of these beauties.

Jenn said...

pam: these are perfect snacks.

Unknown said...

Oooh - I love all things mini. These look delish!

Jenn said...

ValleyWriter: Thanks!!

Tangled Noodle said...

I think with the right kind of planning - eat salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner - I would have no problems making and eating these minis!

Jenn said...

Tangled Noodle: sounds like a good plan to me.

www.navarra-3d.com said...

In my view one and all should browse on this.

muebles soria said...

Well, I do not actually believe it is likely to have success.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger