Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Film Shoot Catering

One of the best thing about what I do is being able to work on various productions and meeting different people. What I love more is when I'm working on the set in a studio or on location. What makes it all worth-while is the catering and craft service. Sure, there's the whole creativity thing, but really...it's all about the food. Shhh...don't tell anyone I said that. haha... My most recent project was producing a short film for a good friend of mine. I won't go into specifics on what that entails, but the main thing is to make sure that all the uber-important stuff gets done. Producers do the dirty work no one wants to do.

Anyway...call time was early morning, so that meant breakfast. I didn't take a picture of it as it was only a bagel with some plain shmear from Noah's Bagels. Nothing really special there. It was a cinnamon sugar one for anyone interested. I would have rather made my own really, which I will do very soon.

The real treat was lunch. A lot of small productions will usually order food from restaurants or hire a caterer to prepare the food. One cardinal rule on any set is to make sure the cast and crew are well fed. Bad food = cranky people.

I need to give a special shoutout to Tiffany Ingle, the director's lovely wife, who was responsible for preparing the very delish lunch we had that day.

On my plate:
Some greens and cherry tomatoes with a nice vinaigrette
Pesto with penne rigate and some shredded parm (I'm a sucker for anything pesto)
Some sauteed yellow bell peppers and zucchini (how did she know I loved zucchini?)

There was some chicken too, but I had given up meat for lent and with it being so close to Easter, I didn't want to blow it. I really wanted to try it though. That was a bummer on my part. But I bet it was delish, too.

I did have one and half servings. A girl who loves her food has got to eat. Standing and being active all morning makes one really hungry. Btw... don't mind the fork sneaking into the shot below. My fork was eager to gets its fingers into that pasta.





For dessert, she had made some scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. They were thin and crisp with chocolate chunks. I probably ate half a dozen of 'em. I didn't count, but they were sooooo good.



Another film down, however many more to go. On to the next!!!

17 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

I miss working on photo shoots......I always had the black forest ham, green apple and brie sandwich

Jenn said...

doggy: yum!!! That's one delish sandwich.

alice said...

You know I have been on several photo shoots, not for film but for print. I always love the food service. I think there was only once I thought it was not very good but those caterers work their *ss off to make sure everyone is happy. That's how they gain a reputation for being the "one" everyone wants to hire out.

raquel said...

those cookies look delicious!

zerrin said...

How lucky you are about that catering at your work place! that plate sounds so rich, it has almost everything, but in a good combination. And chocolate chip cookies are perfect for dessert!

vanillasugarblog said...

:::sigh::: I can't wait to move back home to cali.

Dewi said...

Chocolate Chip Cookies is always a treat, isn't it. Lunch look delish Jenn!
Cheers,
elra

Jenn said...

alice: So very true.

raquel: i'll be sure to let Tiffany know. ;-P

zerrin: if only I had a glass of milk at the time. lol. But I'm satisfied with the cookies alone.

dawn: Cali misses you, Dawn!

elra: They are indeed. Especially if they are homemade.

Anonymous said...

certainly nice to have someone else cook for a change. The food looks great.

Jenn said...

oysterculture: It certainly is.

Joie de vivre said...

Can't wait for your homemade bagel post and your peep smore post!

Jenn said...

Joie: Stay tuned!

Ozge said...

Zucchini, pasta and pesto in one post! That's a great combination for me. Oh this reminds me the two zucchini dish in one post I was gonna make. What a great, compatible vegetable yum yum. This winter especially, I grew an addiction for it.

Grubtrotters said...

I want one of those cookies now! Happy Easter.

Jenn said...

Grubtrotters: Happy Easter to you too.

Tangled Noodle said...

I'm envious - I've never had a job where food was provided! That plate looks delicious (even though it is now long-gone!).

Jenn said...

Tangled Noodle: Just one of the little perks of working on a production.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger