Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grilled Shrimp Skewers


It's grillin' time again. For this go around, I made some shrimp with pineapple skewers. Who wouldn't love some shrimpy goodness? Unless you're allergic, then you're excused.

These little shrimpies were marinated in a simple soy sauce, lemon and garlic mixture That I marinated for a little over an hour. Skewered it with some fresh cut pineapple and grilled away. The smell around the house with the shrimp and pineapple cooking away. It was tempting not to take a bite, but I slightly burned my tongue on a lone shrimp that had no skewer to attach to. I couldn't resist. Don't tell me you haven't tried taking a bite or a sip of something right from the cooker, only to give the tongue a beating. No matter how many times I say "I won't do that again," I always do.

I served this with a side of Little J's Potato Salad. Little J, being one of my nicknames. Recipe for that coming soon. I also used some of the leftover marinade as a dipping sauce.

This will make roughly 6 skewers.



Grilled Shrimp Skewers

1 lb Shrimp (deveined and shelled)
Pineapple chunks
1 c soy sauce
Juice of one lemon
1 large garlic clove (minced)
6 Skewers

Marinate the shrimp in the soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic for at least 30min to an hour. This may be done in advance.

Prepare your grill.

Soak the skewers in water for at least 30min. This will prevent the sticks from burning while on the grill. Skewer a shrimp and pineapple on the stick, alternating each until you reach the top.

Cook the shrimp until they turn a nice shade white and pink. Roughly 3-5 min per side depending on the heat of your grill.

Serve warm.

31 comments:

MaRyA said...

i love anything with pineapples! yum yum!

tavolini said...

Yum! Everything is better with pineapple :) Looks great, Jenn--I'm looking forward to your potato salad recipe. I have a bag of potatoes with "eat me" written all over them.

chow and chatter said...

wonderful great combo

Phyllis said...

My tongue has been burnt so many times that I'm surprised I still have taste buds. The shrimp and pineapple skewers look awesome!

Unknown said...

I love it that u put this with pineapple. I bet it tastes really fresh and delicious.

Dewi said...

Pineapple really add nice sweet and a bit tangy to this skewer. Delicious Jenn!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Tasty and beautiful!

Christo Gonzales said...

the secret is the pineapple - good match up I bet!

Miranda said...

This looks fantastic Jenn!!!
I love grilled pineapple.

pigpigscorner said...

You can never go wrong with grilled shrimps and pineapples! I would add some chili =)

Mary Bergfeld said...

The shrimp and pineapple combo is hard to beat. These really look delicious.

Heather S-G said...

Awesome!!! And yup, guilty...done it many times actually ;)

Pam said...

Loving this! Bookmarked.

Pooja said...

Fabulous! I love the taste of grilled pineapple but never paired it with shrimp!

lisaiscooking said...

These look great! Shrimp and pineapple are so good together. I order something similar, with hot chiles added, at a fav restaurant.

theUngourmet said...

Yum! I love these!

I once tried testing a macaroni noodle to see if it was done cooking and the boiling water came out on my lip and chin. I had a lovely blistered burn mark for quite a while! I feel for ya!

Diana Bauman said...

Shrimp and pineapple, you can't go wrong with that :)

Jenn said...

MaryA: Me, Too.

TavoLini: You'll love my potato salad recipe. ;-)

Chow and Chatter: Thanks.

Phyllis: LOL. Amazing what we put our bodies through.

HH: It does!!

Elra, Sweet Art Studio: Thanks.

doggy: Yes, the secret is the pineapple.

Miranda: ;-)

pigpigscorner: chili would definitely be great with this.

Mary: They go absolutely well together.

Girlichef: LOL.

Pam: Woo!!

Pooja: Give it a try. You'll love it.

Lisa: Nice!!

Ungourmet: Ouch!! I hate it when that happens too.

Diana Bauman: I agree.

The Duo Dishes said...

Shrimpies. Pineapple. Smart mix. Sweet and tasty.

Sippity Sup said...

I think grilled pineapple is the best. Well certainly tied with grilled shrimp at least. GREG

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this weekend! I have some shrimp that are ready for a few skewers. Thanks Jenn!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

I adore skewers... These sound so tasty. I bet they would be good with chicken, too. I might have to make some shrimp for me and chicken for the hubby.

Reeni said...

These shrimp sound delicious with pineapple!

Jenn said...

DuoDishes: Thanks.

Greg: ;-)

Eric: Your welcome.

Jen: This would definitely go great with chicken.

Reeni: It is.

zerrin said...

Never tried shrimps on skewers. Sounds and looks fantastic!

OysterCulture said...

grilled shrimp is one of my all time favorite and it looks like you nailed it!

Anonymous said...

I had shrimps too, but they weren't as tender and lovely as yours! Pineapple is SO good with shrimp!

Jenn said...

Zerrin: It's really good.

OysterCulture: Woohoo!

Burbandslurp: shrimp and pineapple really do go together.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Delicious combo!

Jenn said...

Nutmeg: Thanks.

the sex toys said...

I suppose everyone must browse on this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger