Search Bread + Butter

Monday, July 13, 2009

Pita Pizza #2: Sweet & Sour


Here's part 2 from the leftover goodies from my fridge and pantry. If you haven't seen part-1: Pita Pizza #1: Sausage. Check it out. Number 2 is a a sweet and sour pita pizza. It's a take on the pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza. Just minus the bacon, but full of fresh garlic.

I still had some sweet and sour sauce left. The nice thing about that sauce is that it keeps for a long time due to the vinegar. I had gotten a fresh pineapple from the grocery from last weekend that had just gotten ripe and cheese. It was perfect timing. Simple, easy and only takes minutes to put together.

All I can say is that it's really good. The sweet and sour sauce blends perfectly with the pineapple and cheese. The garlic adds a nice touch to it. I love my garlic. Have your favorite drink on hand because this is too good to not try.

Serves 1 or 2.



Sweet & Sour Pita Pizza

1 large pita bread
1/3 c sweet and sour sauce
1/2 c pineapple tidbits
1 c shredded mozzarella
2 large garlic clove (minced)


Preheat oven to 400˚F
Spread the sweet and sour sauce on the pita bread leaving room around the edge for the crust.

Top with the pineapple then cheese and garlic.

Baked for 10 min.

30 comments:

Parita said...

Sweet and sour sauce and pineapple, this is sure a winner!

Hari Chandana P said...

Mmmmm Yummyyy

Unknown said...

I have always liked pineapple on my pizza :)

chow and chatter said...

what a cool idea as ever Jenn you are fun of them

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds great!

Heather S-G said...

This one sounds great, too! Love the garlic...bet it would be good w/ roasted garlic shmeared all over it, too!! YUM!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I could almost smell those from here..yumm!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that sounds so good. I would have never thought of doing a sweet and sour pizza...yum!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Hmmm-this is one more dish that I can put my pineapple cutter to use ;)
Yum!

Pam said...

I love the smell of fresh garlic cooking on a pizza. Pineapple is one of my favorite toppings too so I know I would really dig this pizza.

The Duo Dishes said...

We can always count on you to have something creative. Sweet and sour sauce on pizza is not something we'd think of, but it works.

Kelly said...

This looks fantastic! I love creative meals made out of what is available! I think it would taste fantastic!

Jenn said...

Parita, Chow and Chatter, Andrea: Thanks.

Hari: ;-)

Heavenly: Me, too.

girlichef: Yeah. Roasted garlic would definitely go great. I would have done it that way, but I was hungry.

peachkins: ;-)

nutmeg: there you go. ow you know. ;-)

Sweta: hooray for pineapples.

Pam: cool!

Duo Dishes: Thank.

Kelly: Hooray for leftovers. lol.

Dewi said...

Simply delicious Jenn!

Phyllis said...

Looks yummy, especially with the addition of garlic. You're getting good use out of that pita bread! Growing up in Vancouver, ham & pineapple were my favorite pizza toppings. I was in for a big shock when I moved to New York - 'whaddya mean you don't have ham & pineapple?!' And I still don't get how people can eat plain pizza.

Pooja said...

Wow this looks so good! The sweet n sour sauce goes well with pineapple!

Sippity Sup said...

You have a very creative way with pizza! GREG

lisaiscooking said...

Great thought to use pita as the crust. I've heard of tortilla pizzas, but I always thought they'd be too thin. Pita is a much better thickness. Sounds great!

Jenn said...

Elra, Greg: Thanks.

Phyllis: I think I would have reacted the same way.

Pooja: Yes, they do!

Lisa: As much as I love torillas, I still need a little thickness in my crusts.

Diana said...

What kind of pitas do you buy? I never know which ones to get at the market and end up with a lame loaf of bread instead.

teresa said...

Mmmm, this looks so tangy and delicious, it has my mouth watering!

Reeni said...

What a great combo of flavors - sounds delicious!

Donna-FFW said...

What a fun and clever idea!

Jenn said...

Diana: I get mind from whole foods. They have their own brand, but also i get a Mediterranean brand, too. I get it in wheat.

Teresa, Reeni, Donna: Thanks.

Miranda said...

Hey there Jenn,
First of all. You rock. I love pizza and I NEVER thought of putting them on pita.

Secondly. Thank you for the confidence.

Jenn said...

Miranda: Your welcome!

Justin said...

are you SURE this is good? i have to think about it. i'm a little nervous though.

Jenn said...

Justin: oh yeah, it's good. I'm SURE of it.

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

You are so creative! I love the idea of sweet and sour pizza - sounds wonderful!

Jenn said...

Jen: Thanks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger