Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cheesecake Cookie Cups



Finally we've come to the end of the feast. Dish #7. No meal can't be complete with the dessert. A family friend had given us a pumpkin pie the day before, so that scratched out my idea for a pecan pie tart. I was pretty bummed about that as I love pecan pie on Thanksgiving. Oh, well. I'll just have to make it on Christmas.

That meant I went for the backup plan. Cheesecake. Rather than making a whole cake-sized round, I decided on individual portions.I remember seeing something about combining cookies and cheesecake somewhere. I wrote the idea down on a piece of post it, but I can't remember where I had seen it from.

Rather than making a graham cracker base for these, I chose some premade sugar cookie dough instead. You can use you favorite choice of cookie. The precut style works best as you don't need to measure anything. Just place the dough in the cupcake liner and bake. While that did its thing in the oven, I made the cream cheese filling. I went the traditional route. I brought out the cookies from the oven and let it cool before topping it with the filling. I also made a small dip in cookie while it cooled to give it a cup shape. Baked it once more, then in the fridge it went.

When I was ready to serve, I topped it with some of the cranberry sauce. So good, so delicious. You just can't have one.

Makes 12




Cheesecake Cookie Cups

12 cookie dough pieces - your choice
8 oz cream cheese
4 Tbsp condensed milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 cupcake/muffin liners

Preheat your oven 350˚F

Place a piece of cookie dough in each cupcake liner and bake for 10-15 minutes.

While the cookies bake, combine the cream cheese, condensed milk, egg, vanilla extract.

When the cookies are done. let them cook and slightly press the cookie with your thumb or round end of a measuring spoon making a small dip shape. Spoon the filling over each and bake for another 15 minutes.

Let it cool completely then place in the fridge for at least an hour. This may be done in advance.




36 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks delicious, especially the last photo! Wish I could just grab it out of the computer!!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

i love cheesecake and this is a great way to serve them!

ann low said...

Looks so yummy and very nice pictures too.

vanillasugarblog said...

love this! how eye-catching too.
cookie dough eh? sounds easy enough

Amy (Shiny Cooking) said...

This is a great way to make portable cheesecake. I've made it this way many, many times and it's always a hit. I use a vanilla wafer bottom and you make a quick blueberry sauce to spoon on top.

The best part is, these are way EASIER than making one whole cheesecake.

And everyone thinks you fussed over them. It's win-win.

Mardi Michels said...

These are quite lovely! And so easy. Personally I think they're much more festive than pecan pie!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love cheesecake. These individual cakes are a wonderful idea! And they are just gorgeous!

Sippity Sup said...

ohh, I am full! That was quite a meal... GREG

Parita said...

Wow thats a great idea!! cheesecake cookie cups looks delightful...perfect for parties :-)

Miranda said...

My mom use to make thses for every holiday. It is absolutely essential part of Christmas. Lovely.

Miranda said...

My mom use to make thses for every holiday. It is absolutely essential part of Christmas. Lovely.

Unknown said...

These look great -yum! I use gingersnaps on the bottom of pumpkin mini-cheesecakes, but never thought of this combo. Sounds divine!

theUngourmet said...

I missed out on pecan pie at Thanksgiving dinner as well. These little cheesecakes look amazing! my husband it nuts for cheesecake. He'd be crazy for these!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

How simple and delicious! With some cranberry sauce spooned on top it has to be a superstar dessert:)

Anonymous said...

I'll take several at one time, please

Heather S-G said...

In that case, I'll take 2. :D I actually love the sugar cookie base...convenient and tasty.

Dewi said...

What a fabulous idea Jenn, everything you get is in a cup.

Unknown said...

I really like the way you did this. You made something that looks like it could be kinda complicated with very easy to use ingredients. Great job, they look fab.

Christo Gonzales said...

CHEESECAKE COOKIE CUPS! I want ALL of them!

chow and chatter said...

oh wow these are adorable can I have one!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Jenn, these little morsels look delicious.

Daily Spud said...

Mini-cheesecake cups, how fabulous! I would eat them by the tray-load :)

OysterCulture said...

That looks like trouble but in a good way!

velva said...

Jen, I really like the idea of using the sugar cookie dough rather than the graham cracker crust. This makes the flavor more creamy and buttery. Yum! These little cups are the perfect size too.

Very nice.
Happy holidays to you and your family.

teresa said...

i love individual treats like this, especially in cheesecake form! delicious!

Reeni said...

What a yummy idea to use sugar cookies for the crust. And cranberry sauce on top! Yum! That's what we had too.

lisaiscooking said...

Cranberries on cheesecake sounds fantastic! I bet these disappeared fast.

tavolini said...

Smart use of cookies!! I want some of these, please :)

Anonymous said...

Scrumptious! And perfect with cranberries!

Diana said...

How cute are those?!? Want to participate in the next Eat My Blog this coming June?

Tasty Eats At Home said...

These are cute and perfect for a crowd. Love that you used cookie dough - I bet that was a time saver!

Esi said...

Cheesecake has been my dessert of choice lately. The little cups are so cute.

Justin said...

these look amaing

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum! Love these... For some reason I always prefer cheesecake in a mini form to a standard sized cheesecake. Love the cranberry topping!

pigpigscorner said...

I agree, we must always have dessert! I can have them all!

MrsLavendula said...

those look so lovely!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger