Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Veggie Stir-Fry



As I try to get myself organize from the post-Christmas feast, here's a simple stir fry to satisfy the day. It's a little something I conjured up a few days ago in my effort in trying not to over indulge too much before Christmas. I stuck to the veggies. It's a quick and simple stir-fry with delicious flavor and an Asian flair.

I served this is some steamed buns. My first try in making steamed buns and I did alright. Recipe for the buns in the coming days.


Serves 2-3

Veggie Stir-Fry

4-5 baby bok choy - washed and stems removed
4 celery stalks - washed and chopped
2 medium tomatoes - sliced and deseeded
1 small to medium sweet onion - sliced
1 bell pepper - deseeded and sliced
4 Tbsp soy sauce
juice of half a lemon
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp safflower (wild saffron) - optional
pepper
extra virgin olive oil


Saute the onions in a little drizzle of olive oil in a skillet or wok. Cook them until they are translucent and limp. Then add the bell pepper and celery and saute. Stirring occasionally. pour the soy sauce and lemon juice. and stir again. Add the bok choy and mix well until the bok choy leaves have wilted.

Add the tomato, fish sauce, safflower and season with a little bit of pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes and serve.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah ha! You are detoxing on veggies now LOL, you must have been bad yesterday ;)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love simple stir-fries; great way to get your veggies! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Donna-FFW said...

Perfect dish for after the holidays. Healthy, light, delicious!

chow and chatter said...

looks great and great for a post christmas meal light and healthy lol

pigpigscorner said...

This is perfect after a feast! Happy holidays!

Lori Lynn said...

Veggies sound good right about now. I like how you seasoned them.

Hope you had a merry Christmas!
LL

Diana said...

Sounds like the perfect detox meal after Christmas!

Hope you had a very merry one!

theUngourmet said...

I had stir fry for dinner tonight! I was in the mood for veggies. Your stir fry looks wonderful and I can't wait to see the steamed buns!

your sexual said...

The writer is totally fair, and there is no question.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this veggie stir fry. I want to know on how to cook this perfect because this is the favorite of my mother. I made also my own recipe for stir fry sauce and I hope that it will be perfect to match on it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger