Search Bread + Butter

Friday, December 11, 2009

Duckini



Leftovers. Luckily, the duck I got wasn't too big, so I didn't have a huge amount of leftovers to go through. I can only do leftovers for so long before my taste buds say "enough!" But I tricked them into thinking it was something else. That something else is... a duckini. A duck panini. I was more than happy to lug out good ol' Georgie for this little task. I bet he was happy to be of service during a portion of this winter.

It's a fairly straight forward sandwich. Shredded duck, tomato, avocado, a couple of fresh basil leaves, cheese with a spread of horseradish mustard on fresh baked pan de sal demi-baguette. Grilled it up with Georgie and leftovers never looked so good. You can use can use shredded chicken for this as well. 

Serves 2




Duckini
1/2 c cooked shredded duck - or chicken
1 small avocado 9 pitted and sliced
2 slices of cheese - your choice
1 ripe small tomato
horseradish or dijon mustard
a few fresh basil leaves.
1 demi-baguette or your bread of choice

Slice the baguette lengwise and spread some mustard on the inside for both halves.

On one half place the shredded duck. On the other half place the cheese, avocado and tomato.

Heat in a panini press for 5-10 minutes. 

If you don't have a panini press, heat a skillet. Place the sandwich in the center. Take a plate and place it over the sandwich. Take a 12oz can and place it on top to add weight to the top. It will give it at panini sandwich looks. Heat for 5 minutes, then gently flip the sandwich and do the same for another 5 minutes.

15 comments:

MrsLavendula said...

this looks so delicious! the bread looks perfect for the wonderful flavors it sandwiches!

Unknown said...

Duckini :D, Ill have one. I love that you used horseradish mustard. I adore horesradish. Have a wonderful weekend daaaaaahling. *kisses* HH

tavolini said...

I love this! Smart use of leftovers. I was thinking that you needed a sandwich for all those soups ;)

Teanna said...

Mmmmmmm duck sandwich? That is definitely my kind of sandwich!

Mimi said...

Avocado and basil, delicious.
Mimi

Bob said...

That looks like a killer sandwich. I've never had duck and avocado together, I bet that's awesome.

chow and chatter said...

oh wow this is so cool and creative

Diana said...

Duckini - you are so cute! Totally quacking up over here! ;)

Lori Lynn said...

Clever! And very tasty looking!
LL

♥peachkins♥ said...

I'm happy to share some of that duckini with you..

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Do me a quick favor. Drive to my bosses studio and give this to her so she can bring one to me :) She will be on the red eye out of LAX tonight....hahaha. That is how much I'm drooling over this!!!! :)

sophia said...

mmm...looks gooooood! Where can you get that bread again?

test it comm said...

That is a nice looking sandwich!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum... sounds like a tasty sandwich! As always, I'm a huge fan of all things avocado!

www.asturias-3d.com said...

This can't truly have success, I suppose so.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger