Search Bread + Butter

Friday, December 4, 2009

Roasted Carroccobean



Ok we're just about getting to the main dishes and I swear 'll be done with Thanksgiving.  So onto dish #5. Carroccobean. Carrots, broccoli, and green beans. I think I'm getting good at this combing words thing.

For this, I just did a simple roast and seasoning. I was still in a roasting kick, it's also a good excuse not to lug out any pot, pans, or steamers. I didn't want to make any complicated veggie dish. I think veggies are meant to be made into simple dishes. Just a simple seasoning on salt, pepper and paprika is all that I need. Tomorrow is the main event, so be sure to come back. You won't be disappointed.




Roasted Carroccobean
2 heads broccoli - chopped
1/2 lbs green beans - ends removed
2 carrots - peeled and chopped
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
paprika


Preheat your oven to 375˚F

Toss all the veggies in a bowl and season with some olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.

Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes. Until carrots are still slightly firm, but tender.


16 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

This my favorite so far. GREG

Unknown said...

At first i thought, whats a carroccobean, is it some veggie i haven't heard about lol. Have a fabulous weekend daaaaaaaahling.
*kisses* HH

Debbie said...

Looks delicious.....I could eat that with any meal!

pigpigscorner said...

haha nice name. I don't eat much veg but I like them roasted.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the name you gave the dish. I'd never be able to say it once I had a glass of wine :-). It really looks delicious.

lisaiscooking said...

I love this mix of vegetables, and roasting them sounds perfect!

Catherine said...

I love the idea of roasting all these great vegetables Jenn. I really love this dish!

OysterCulture said...

Love roasted veggies and this looks like a delicious healthy side.

teresa said...

mmmm, wonderful side dish! i could eat that every day!

Tasty Eats At Home said...

LOL - I read this title and I was like "What in the world is a carroccobean?" Guess I should keep reading. :) Sounds yummy!

Pam said...

Roasting vegetables is the best! They look tasty Jenn.

Anonymous said...

lol! Carroccobean? Loving the cute name. I'm loving how I can say it out loud fast, too!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Delicious and healthy! What an excellent flavorful combination :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum! I love roasted veggies, and I totally agree that veggies should be simple side dishes. Besides, I'd much rather splurge on a cookie than on a veggie dish!

Free Samples said...

Wow! Looks very good.. great job :)

Contests Hub said...

Nice post, visit here to win prizes Instant Win Online Contests 2019

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger