Search Bread + Butter

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Broiled Ginger Teriyaki Salmon


There's this one sushi place I love to go to in Pasadena, CA., called Afloat Sushi. It's one of those conveyer belt places. They have theirs in little boats floating on water. Once of the items I always have to get is the flame broiled salmon teriyaki. It's chunk of salmon flame broiled and basted with a teriyaki sauce. I always end up eat two of those. Along with a salmon skin roll.

I bought a nice long fillet of sockeye salmon from the farmer's market. Divided it for two. I simple seasoned it with salt, pepper and minced garlic. Placed it in the broiler for a couple of minutes giving it an initial cooking. At that time I made a ginger teriyaki sauce. It includes fresh ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, some ground pepper and tomato ketchup. After the first few minutes, I basted the salmon with a thick layer teriyaki sauce and broiled it for another couple of minutes letting the sauce coat the fish. I basted it one last time right before serving. The final result was a tender flaky fish with a slight firm crust. So good.

At the request of my lovely mom, I served this over some sauteed asparagus with white wine sauce. I think I got her hooked on that sauce!!!!

Serves 2.



Broiled Ginger Teriyaki Salmon
2 salmon fillet
salt
pepper
1 garlic cloves - minced

Teriyaki Sauce:
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp grated or minced fresh ginger
1 garlic clove - minced
1 tbsp tomato ketchup

(To view the white wince sauce click here)

Preheat your broiler.

Combine all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce until sugar dissolves and slightly thickened.

Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper and the minced garlic. Place the salmon on a lightly geased baking sheet and set into the broiler for 2-3 min.

The baste well with the teriyaki sauce. Broil for another 2-3 min.

Remove from broiler and serve.

39 comments:

MaRyA said...

yum yum! so nice and healthy! i searched for your white wine sauce recipe. if your mom is hooked then it must be sooooo good!

Parita said...

Looks so good! i love saucy dishes :)

Unknown said...

looks fab, i love salmon

Heather S-G said...

I love your homemade Teriyaki...that is a simple & delicious meal :)

Donna-FFW said...

I love the combo of ginger/teriyaki!! So delicious, and your asparagus sounds equally wonderful. Gorgeous plating!

petite nyonya said...

I'm not a big fan of salmon but your teriyaki sauce looks great!

lubnakarim06 said...

Love that juicy and yummy salmon recipe.

lisaiscooking said...

I love salmon with teriyaki, and this sounds great! It's been too long since I last had it, so thanks for the reminder!

OysterCulture said...

I love salmon + teriyaki, you've found another weak spot. cool!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks delicious. Salmon and teriyake are meant for each other. I really like your recipe for teriyake sauce.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Looks tasty! I need to make salmon again soon... so healthy and my hubby loves it.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

This is going on my "must make" list... Thanks! :)

Pam said...

Mmm. The homemade teriyaki looks terrific. This whole dish would make me very happy!

theUngourmet said...

My daughter and I are crazy for you salmon! :p

vanillasugarblog said...

man I miss cali and those sushi places!! we have no sushi joints here. you are so lucky!
I also love that you were not stingy with the sauce/topping. Nice!

Bob said...

Looks great! Salmon is one of the fish I have been meaning to try again. There are so many things I didn't like as a kid that I might like now...

pigpigscorner said...

I like broiling fish too, it gives a really nice charred crust. and I love salmon skin roll too!

Phyllis said...

So delish! I love broiled salmon, especially in teriyaki sauce. I'm going to try your easy recipe next time, I can never seem to get my teriyaki sauce to taste like the restaurant!
p.s. I love those floating sushi boats, so much fun :)

Chibog in Chief said...

what a gorgeous version of teriyaki!!

Sippity Sup said...

You've got me hooked too! GREG

Anonymous said...

sounds like such a delightful sauce!

Alta said...

Looks so delicious and light!

Anonymous said...

Delicious salmon! I've got salmon defrosting right now, no idea what I will do with it yet.

Diana said...

Broiled teriyaki salmon is one of my favorite dinners. It's sort of my happy food. :) I just wish the wild kind wasn't so gosh darn expensive now!!!

Jenn said...

MaryA: The sauce is good. There's a link on the post were you can see where the recipe is.

Parita: Me, too.

HH: :-)

Girlichef, Donna, Kitchen: Thanks.

Nyonya: Give the sauce a try.

Lisa: your welcome.

Oyster: woohoo. lol.

Mary: They do really go great with each other.

Jen: I can't get enough of it.

Andrea: ;-)

Pam: I bet it would. It made me happy.

Ungourmet: ;-)

Dawn: One of the great things about cali is the sushi. I can't get enough of it.

Bob: Give it a shot. It's probably the way it's prepared that will make a big difference.

Pigpigcscorner: Woohoo. Another salmon skin lover.

Phyllis: I think they have a secret recipe, so I figured I'd try to make my own.

Dhangghit, Rebecca, Alta: Thanks.

Greg: lol. ;-)

5 Star: Maybe some ginger teriyaki salmon. ;-)

Diana: Yeah, I was pretty lucky to get the price I got for the large fillet. They can get pretty pricey.

raquel said...

looks delish!!! love that teriyaki sauce...

Thistlemoon said...

This looks great, Jenn! :)
You know I have never been to a sushi place with the conveyor belt and I have always heard about them. I will keep looking out for one!

Love anything salmon! This looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love salmon! I like broiling because it's so easy.

The Duo Dishes said...

Yum, you can see all the fresh ginger pieces on the salmon. Nice.

Reeni said...

How delicious this is! I love teriyaki - never had it on salmon, would love to try this!

Jenn said...

raquel: Thanks.

Jenn: You should. They're really cool.

Hummingbird: Yeah, broiling is really easy.

Duo: Yup!

Reeni: They're so good together.

chow and chatter said...

wow jeen i love this and great pics

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I have a confession. I don't like teriyaki. The one time I tried it I thought it tasted like soap. Now I think this has something to do with the fact that the teriyaki I tried was on a free piece of chicken from the Chinese restaurant in the mall but I'm not sure:) Since then I have not been able to bring myself to try it. Perhaps I should give it another try, but this time from a more reliable source. I have to admit yours looks really good.

Jenn said...

Chow & Chatter: Thanks.

Nutmeg: It's probably whoever made the sauce. Generally teriyaki has a lightly sweet-salt flavor.

Diana H said...

I like your mom's ideas- yours too. I love salmon, and I think this recipe sounds divine.

Jenn said...

Diana: Thanks.

GarlicBOSS said...

Sounds so good and delicious

Jenn said...

Garlic: Thanks!

www.salamanca-3d.com said...

I read really much helpful information here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger