Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grilled Honey-Mustard Chicken Breast



When I made the coleslaw that meant I must grill something...and soon. So, out came the George Foreman grill. I still had that big bag of chicken breast from Costco. Grilled chicken it was. I made a little marinade of honey, dijon mustard, worcestshire sauce, and rice wine vinegar along with my usual seasoning of salt, pepper and paprika. With errands I had to do, I let this marinate for about 2 hours. When I came back, I grilled away. Cooking it for roughly 10min per side.

The result was an awesome charred look with inside being fully cooked and juicy and tender. The marinade really worked its magic into the meat of the chicken. Slight sweetness of the honey. It was perfect.

You can also bake this, if you don't have a grill. Place it in a preheated 350˚F oven for 30 min.

I served it with some of my coleslaw.

Serves 2.




Grilled Honey-Mustard Chicken Breast

2 boneless chicken breast
Salt
pepper
paprika

marinade:
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and set aside.

Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides and place them on a dish. Pour over the marinade and eb sure to spread it evenly on all sides.

Let it sit for at least 30min to an hour. This may be done in advance.

While the chicken marinates, prepare your grill.

Grill the chicken for roughly 8-10 min on both sides depending on the heat of your grill. Baste the chicken with the leftover marinade. When done remove from the grill and let it sit for 5 min to let the juices redistribute.

Note: You may also bake this in a preheated 350˚F for 25-30min



31 comments:

nora@ffr said...

wow!! jenn i ve never tried grilled chicken this way.. honey and mustard is a perfect flavor combo.. i must try this soon. m sure my husband will love this :)
cheers!!

Denise said...

Lve the combo of honey mustard, it freshens up your everyday chicken.

Debbie said...

I have a George Forman grill too. I am going to try this one soon. Looks delicious!

Kristen said...

I always bake my honey mustard chicken, I never thought to grill it - thanks for the idea

Anonymous said...

Honey mustard marinade sounds great for the grilled chicken breast. Delicious!

Phyllis said...

Yum - my hubby would love your honey mustard marinade! So is your George Foreman the next generation kind with the removable plates? I have the original clunker that I never use because it's so hard to wash. And it would be nothing short of a miracle to get such gorgeous char marks from it :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Honey mustard and chicken are such a wonderful combo. I love the beautiful color of your grilled chicken - it looks so tasty!

Sippity Sup said...

This chicken with your cole slaw is a fabulous meal. I am sure it was finger lickin' good! GREG

Creative Classroom Core said...

Yum! I am bookmarking this one to make soon! Thanks for sharing another great recipe!

Parita said...

Honey and mustard..hmm sounds a fab combination!

Heather S-G said...

You are the queen of simple, delicious food!! Seriously, this is making me hungry.

Mary Bergfeld said...

With that lovely combination of ingredients, it's no wonder they were delicious.

Pam said...

I am loving this recipe because I've been craving honey mustard lately. Bookmarked!

Dewi said...

They merry well, don't they? I love those combination too. Delicious Jenn!

theUngourmet said...

This is one of my most favorite chicken marinades. Your chicken is perfect with that fabulous coleslaw!

pigpigscorner said...

Love honey mustard! The charred bits made it look better!

Jenn said...

Nora: Enjoy!

Denise: I agree.

Debbie: woohoo...

Kristen: Anytime.

5 star, Jen: Thanks.

Phyllis: I have the huge clunker Foreman grill before they made all the upgrades.

Greg: LOL. It was!!

Finsmom: Anytime. ;-)

Parita: Thanks.

Girlchef: hehehe...

Mary: I agree.

Pam: What a better way to fulfill that craving with grill chicken.

Elra: Yes they do.

Ungourmet: Thanks ;-)

pigpigscorner: ;-)

s. stockwell said...

We know this is a delicious way to grill some chicken...but, not just any chicken! you are so right about Cosco's chicken breasts!!! oh my...really the best. When we have beef we buy it there too. love your posts! best from Montecito, s

The Duo Dishes said...

We don't understand folks who don't like mustard. It's so awesome in so many things! Of course we love the sweet version on meat like this.

Christo Gonzales said...

little 'J's chicken and slaw - sounds spot on to me!

Reeni said...

I love honey mustard chicken! This looks so yummy!

Jenn said...

s. Stockwell: Gotta love Costco.

Duo Dishes: I love mustard. I can't live without it.

Doggy: Thanks. ;-)

Reeni: Thanks.

Miranda said...

This looks TERRIFIC!!!

I am a huge honey mustard fan! I admit, I love dipping french fries and chicken fingers in honey mustard...

Yum.

Jenn said...

Miranda: I do, too.

OysterCulture said...

Yummy - I have not had the honey mustard combo in so long - and grilled - even better!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

This looks super tasty! I love George Foreman...it's always there for me:)

Jenn said...

Oyster, nutmeg: Thanks.

Anonymous said...

yummy!

Jenn said...

Hummingbird: ;-)

www.mueblesensevilla.com said...

It won't work in actual fact, that is what I suppose.

www.webhablada.es said...

To my mind every person have to read it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger