Search Bread + Butter

Monday, June 8, 2009

BSI: Bell Pepper Winner

First, I'd like to thank those who submitted a recipe to last week's BSI (Blogger Secret Ingredient) challenge. I had chosen the bell pepper because I love the stuff and they can be used in so many different ways. And I was right. I'm amazed by the turnout and I'm equally blown away by the creativity of all of you. With the list below, they're all so temptingly good that the decision was definitely a tough one. I spent a few good hours just looking over all the submissions. Literally. It's a smorgisborg of bell peppers. Yum!


Here's the final list of recipes (in no particular order):

Christina at Dinner at Christina's : Stuffed Green Peppers
Jen at My Kitchen Addiction: Tex-Mex Lettuce Wraps
Rebecca at Chow and Chatter: Plantain and Fish Soup
Sophia at Burp and Slurp~: Double Bell Pepper-Grits with Poached Egg
Eric at Eric Rivera Cooks: Sweet Peppers
Ann at Pig Pig's Corner: Caramelized Pork in Bell Pepper Sauce
Parita at Parita's World: Cheesy Bell Pepper Swirls
Pooja at My Experience With Cooking: Kung Pao Chicken
Sweta at Bonne Nutrition: Stuffed Green Pepper with Chili Tofu
Laura at Hey What's For Dinner Mom: Curried Hot Salad
Sarah at Winged Snail: Black Bean Dip
Ruth at Plentiful Plants: Devil Dawgs
Reeni at Cinnamon & Spice: Caramelized Green Pepper & Sausage Pasta w/ Fresh Tomato Pesto
Patty at The Organized McTatty: Gnocchi with red peppers, zucchini and summer squash
Alice at Savory Sweet Life: Red Bell Pepper Relish
Paola at Tangled Noodle: "Touched By An Angel" Hair Pasta
Janetha at Meals & Moves: Stoplight Stuffed Bell Peppers


So you can see my dilemma of having to pick the winner. They're all just so darn delicious. Since I began my hosting week sort of like Iron Chef, I shall finish in the same way. The chairman usually says something before he announces the winner, but since I said what I needed to say at the top, let's just cut to the chase.

This week's winner is.........

(Cue Iron Chef dramatic winner announcement music.)



CHEESY BELL PEPPER SWIRLS
by Parita from Parita's World


(*Cue Iron Chef victory music*)

Congrats, Parita!!! You are the BSI: Bell Pepper winner. As the winner, I've decided that I'm going to recreate your recipe on this site. So keep an eye out in the next week or so because Cheesy Bell Pepper Swirls will be making a cameo on Bread + Butter. Please take a look at Parita's awesome swirls as well as the other submissions listed above. They're really awesome recipes and blogs written by some great people. Some of them I've been following for a while and some I've now added to the google reader.

Now I present to you the next host. I've recently started reading her blog and I love her simple down home way of cooking. The host for this week is Kim from The Ungourmet. I'm sure she'll be a great host as well as great judge. Please go to her blog and check out some of her cool recipes she also as well as this week's secret ingredient.

Thanks again to all the participants. I had a great time playing host and seeing all these wonderful recipes pop up from such a diverse and loved ingredient.

Happy eating!!!

16 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Congrats to your winner, these look awesome!

pigpigscorner said...

Congrats to the winner!! THey look really good, I'll have to try them too!

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Good choice of the winner... but it looks like you had a tough decision! So many wonderful recipes... so little time.

Sippity Sup said...

I am sorry I missed the contest. I do not know how I missed the announcement. Maybe it was when I was traveling...oh well it looks like a big success. GREG

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations, Parita! Oh, that looks so very, very tasty. This was my first BSI and I hope to participate in more! Thanks for hosting, Jenn and now I look forward to what Kim chooses.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winner - lots of recipes to choose from!

I was so busy last week I didn't have time to participate, but now have some new ways to use peppers!

theUngourmet said...

Congrats to Parita. Your recipe looks so delicious!

Thanks for choosing me to be the next host for BSI! I just put up my Secret Ingredient for the week!

Pooja said...

Wow that was a tough decision u had to make! Congrats to Parita :)

Parita said...

OMG thats the first BSI i have participated and thank you sooooo much Jenn, i cant believe i won :)

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Congratulations Parita!!
Jenn-what a wonderful collection of bell pepper recipes,no wonder you had a difficult time :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenn!
Greetings!
That sweet tooth of yours threatens to take ove!
LOL
Cheers,
Robert-Gilles

chow and chatter said...

Congrats they look great yummy

Heather S-G said...

mmmm..everything sounds delicious!!

Reeni said...

Congrats to the winner!! Those look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Parita! Sorry I wasn't able to participate with our weekend getaway, didn't get enough done last week.

Jenn said...

R-G: LOL. It does sometimes.

5 Star Foodie: No worries. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger