Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chocolate Espresso Cookie Rounds with PB Chips


Need a tiny caffeine kick without the extremely hot brewed coffee that could potentially burn your mouth and/or hand? How about a little Chocolate Espresso Cookie with Peanut Butter Chips?

I had the urge to bake something the other day. I needed to feed that urge. I had some peanut butter chips left from the white choco brownies. I didn't want to make brownies again. I had 3/4 of a canister of Illy espresso grounds left from I made some tiramisu early this year. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I do have a cup or two every once in awhile.

One of my favorite desserts was the Starbucks espresso brownies. I thought I'd make something similar probably in a cookie form. Or just take the peanut butter cookie and add some espresso. Also, making them round. Cookies don't necessarily have to be flat. I like the round ball shapes these cookies take. Reminds me of the cinnamon almond biscookies I had made a few weeks ago. These have a soft, slightly moist chewy center. You can taste the espresso blend with the cocoa powder with a slight hint of peanut butter. It's oh-so-good!

Make sure you have a cold glass of moo juice (milk) on hand.

Make 18 cookies.



Chocolate Espresso Cookie Rounds with PB Chips

1 c granulated sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter or margarine (softened)
2 eggs
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 c cake flour or all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c peanut butter chips (plus extra)
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp espresso

Preheat oven to 375˚F

Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, espresso. Set aside

In antoerh bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Then add the eggs, beating throughly after each one. The mix in the vanilla extract.

Once the wet ingredients a mixed, slowly add the dry ingredients. Throughly mix to combine.

Mix in the peanut butter chips. Add in more, if needed.

Divide into 18 balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake to 8-10 min.





31 comments:

Kristen said...

mmm - I like the looks of those!

Heather S-G said...

Yummy! I love espresso cookies...and the addition of pb chips only makes 'em better :D

chow and chatter said...

yum wholefood have great espresso cookies these remind me of these my favs lol

Dewi said...

Your cookies sounds scrumptious Jenn. Perfect having this cookies around for the week end. Who knows maybe one or two friends will come for a nice surprise visit.

Unknown said...

These look delicious! I'd love to get my afternoon kick with one of these, please!

Christo Gonzales said...

these look fake - and I mean that in a good way - wowwee they seem out of this world!

theUngourmet said...

That is one heckuva gorgeous cookie! I could go for one of those. They looks so cakey and delicious!

Reeni said...

Espresso and chocolate are a match made in heaven. These are sublime little treats!

Pooja said...

Wow I love these! Looks fabulous!

Bob said...

Wow, those look wicked good! Love the shape and texture.

Paula - bell'alimento said...

Hi Jenn! These cooking look ah-mazing! Can't wait to try them out!

Jenn said...

Kristen: Thanks

Girlichef: They certainly do.

Chow and chatter: I love the baked goods at Whole Foods

Elra: Come on down. =)

ValleyWriter: Sure thing.

doggy: Thanks. Funny how the mind tricks the eye.

The Ungourmet: It has a nice chewyness.

Reeni, Pooja, Bob: Thanks.

Paula: Enjoy!!

Lori Lynn said...

Love your cute fluffy cookies!
LL

Anonymous said...

mmm. I'd eat those in a second.

teresa said...

Great idea, and what a tempting picture! I just want to dig in!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Wow - these are some serriously delicious looking cookies! Such a great photo!

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Oh my goodness... You had me at espresso! These look so good!

Jenn said...

Lori Lynn, finsmom, jen: thanks.

Hummingbird Appetite: Me too.

Teresa: I did that as soon as iI took the pics.

Deeba PAB said...

Plump & gorgeous...just how an espresso cookie should be. I'm craving one right now!!

Parita said...

The ocmbination of coffee and chocolate is to die for, they look perfect!!

Justin said...

i know they're actually very different, but these remind me of my latest post about the gigantic chocolate cookies with butterscotch chips. yum.

Cucinista said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. I think I'd have a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of milk. Gilding the lily, I know...

Jenn said...

Deeba, Parita: Thanks.

Justin: Oooo...butterscotch. I've got to make something with butterscotch.

Cucinista: Ice cream goes well too.

Anonymous said...

Espresso cookies sound wonderful! I would love some with my coffee this morning!

Jenn said...

5 Star Foodie: A double shot of caffeine. =)

The Duo Dishes said...

Mmmmm, chocolate cookies are hard to refuse. Pb chips too.

Jenn said...

Duo Dishes: It is too tempting not try.

Muneeba said...

Seriously gorgeous pics ... and I gotta ask, can I substitute instant coffee granules for the espresso in this??

Jenn said...

Muneeba: Sure.

www.estadisticasweb.biz said...

It will not succeed as a matter of fact, that is what I consider.

bethanybeachhouserentalsde.com said...

Really useful data, much thanks for your article.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger