Search Bread + Butter

Monday, June 8, 2009

Post #100: White Choco Brownies


Yay!!! I've reached a milestone in this little bloggy of mine since starting it back in March. I've reached 100 posts. Woohoo... I'm actually surprised by the recipes I've posted thus far. And so many, too. Some of you readers may know of my love for chocolate when I've commented on some of your blogs. But I have yet make a chocolate concoction on this site. Never fear! I've finally made a chocolate dessert/snack recipe. What better way to start then with the classic brownie. A white chocolate brownie with peanut butter chips and pecans to be exact. Have I got your attention now?

Btw...I had my first taste of bacon chocolate a couple days ago. Holy cow was it good!!! A wonderful blend of salty and sweet. I must get me more!

Anyway...we're all used to seeing the cocoa version of the brownie. Not too often does white chocolate play a role. We got to give it some star appearances once in a while. I mean it is good stuff.

Don't mind my hack job of a square cut on those brownies seen in the pictures. I could never wait for them to fully cool down. To eager? Yes, but they were begging to be sliced. Really, they were. They were moist and chewy with the slight flaky top crust. Goes perfect with a tall cold glass of moo juice. Better yet, how about a couple mini scoops of oreo sundae ice cream from Baskin and Robbins? When I say mini, I mean mini. Golf ball sized scoops. That's why you see three on the dish slightly melting next to the warm brownie. When that happens, you're in for a fun and delicious time.



White Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter chips and Pecans

1 c white chocolate chips (plus extra)
1 c granulated sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter or margarine (softened)
2 eggs
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 c cake flour or all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c peanut butter chips
1 c pecan pieces (plus extra)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c water

Preheat oven to 350˚F

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.

Melt the white chocolate white chocolate chips in a bowl with the water. Heat in the mircowave for 1 1/2 - 2 min or until melted. Stir the mixture after the first minute to combine. Or use the double boiler method. Bring some water to a boil in a small pot. Once the water is boiling bring it down to a simmer. Place the chocolate and water in a metal bowl and place on top of the pot. Stir chocolate ocassionally to combine until melted.

In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Then add in the eggs, mixing after each one. Add in vanilla, then the melted white chocolate. Combine well then slowly add the flour mixture. Mix well until there are no lumps.

Add in the peanuts butter chips and pecan pieces.

Lightly grease prefered baking pan and pour in the batter. Sprinkle a little more white chocolate chips and pecan pieces on top.

Baked for 25 min. Let it cool for at least 5-10min then cut into squares.

Enjoy with a cold glass of moo juice or ice cream.

46 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

CONGRATS on your 100th post!! What a fantastic recipe to celebrate. It looks so delicious!

Unknown said...

Oh my god. This looks too fab. I was planning on starting my much needed detox today, and now I c this...
Congrats on your 100th post :D

pigpigscorner said...

Congrats!! The white choco brownies look amazing! I love white chocolate but why haven't I thought of making white choc brownies?!

Daily Spud said...

Hey - you're putting us all to shame - 100 posts already! I think you have a secret bloggy overdrive gear that you're not telling us about :)

Very tasty way to celebrate too...

lisaiscooking said...

White chocolate is my favorite, and with pecans it's the best! These sound fantastic.

Teanna said...

Oh no way! That is amazing! The perfect way to celebrate your 100th post!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! Amazing!

Fearless Kitchen said...

This looks really delicious - a wonderful way to celebrate!

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

These brownies look wonderful! Perfect way to celebrate your 100th post!

I think I am actually going to hit 100 this week, too - although I started my blog in late January, so you have a better posting record than I do!!

Dewi said...

Congratulation on your 100 posts. White chocolate brownie is the perfect way t celebrate this. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 100! I hope I'm around for 1,000!!!! White chocolate is always a winner in my book.


Eric

Sippity Sup said...

Cool 100 posts! I have no idea how many I have done but you are a very prolific blogger. Cingrats. White brownies seem like just the reward you deserve. GREG

theUngourmet said...

Jenn- Congrats on the 100th post! This recipe is awesome! I love PB chips.

I haven't tried the bacon in the cupcake yet. I have seen it a lot lately. Will have to try it soon.

test it comm said...

Congrats on 100 posts! The white chocolate brownies look great!

Danica's Daily said...

Congrats on your 100th post...YUM to your white choco brownies - I NEED ot make these!

Pooja said...

Congrats on the milestone! Awesome brownies! Looks so delicious!

The Duo Dishes said...

Congrats! That's a major celebration. And brownies make everything a party. These sound intense!

Janet Rudolph said...

Wow! This looks fabulous! I'll definitely link to it in a future post on white chocolate!

Congrats on 100 posts!

Jenn said...

Donna, finsmom, fearless kitchen, Elra, Kevin, Pooja: Thanks.

Heavenly Housewife: LOL. You still can.

pigpigscorner: White chocolate doesn't get much credit.

Daily Spud: No secret. Just love posting about food.

lisaiscooking: It is delish!!

Teanna: It is, indeed!

Jen: LOL. At least, you'll reach 100. That's a good thing.

Eric: That's my next goal. =)

Greg: You've probably posted hundred already. =)

the ungourmet: PB makes me smile over and over.

Danica's Daily: you love these!

Duo Dishes: Brownies make the world go round along with pasta.

Janet Rudolph: Thanks. That would cool.

figtreeapps said...

This looks soooooo delish. I cant wait to try. Figtreeapps

Admin said...

These brownies are full of delicious things and I cannot imagine them being anything but rich, decadent, and delicious.

Thanks for all the 100 posts!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your hundredth post! Looks like you found the perfect way to celebrate ;)

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you too!!
That's a swell recipe to celebrate your 100th post!!Well done Jenn-looking forward to your 1000th post(hope you can beat DB in the race) ;-)

Jenn said...

figtreeapps: Enjoy!

Leela: you bite one you can't have just one.

ValleyWriter: I did

Sweta: The pressure is on now. LOL.

♥peachkins♥ said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Your brownies looks soo tempting..

Kristen said...

Wow, awesome looking brownies!

Heather S-G said...

Oh man, white chocolate brownies...they look amazing...airmail?

Reeni said...

Congrats on your 100th post!! Your celebrating in style. These brownies look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! The white chocolate brownies sound just fabulous!

Jenn said...

Peachkins, kristen, Reeni, 5 Star Foodie: Thanks.

girlichef: Sure =)

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th post!!! I'm amazed...that's a lot of recipes! and I know each and every one of your recipes are freaking amazing and creative...why don't you publish your own cookbook? I'll be your biggest fan!

Lick My Spoon said...

Congrats on the 100th post!! The mini scoops of Oreo sundae from 31 flavors must of put it over the top :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a heck of a milestone

I saw white choco brownies and I knew it spelled trouble - but in a good way. =)

tavolini said...

Congrats on 100 posts!!

Wowza, you had me at chocolate, then you started to mention peanut butter chips and pecans... Now I'm in need of white choco brownies, immediately!

Diana said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! I highly approve of your choice of recipe for this one. I don't think I could wait for those brownies to cool down either!

Muneeba said...

great 100th post! white chocolate brownies for everyone, weeeeeeeeeeee!!

Jenn said...

burpandslurp: Awe shucks. Thanks! I've been thinking about a cookbook actually. =)

Lick my Spoon: Oh, it definitely does!

OysterCulture: LOL

TavoLini: It's really almost to die for.

Diana: Thanks. If it's something as good as this, who needs to wait.

Muneeba: Yes!!!

Jamie said...

I think my white-chocolate fan son would just love these! Congrats on 100 posts!

Jenn said...

Jamie: This would be a crowd pleasure

Bread and Jam said...

Congratulations on your 100 posts! I really enjoy your blog. These brownies look divine. :)

Jenn said...

Bread and Jam: thanks.

teresa said...

Happy 100th! Here's to many more wonderful posts! The brownies look droolarific!

Jenn said...

Teresa: Thanks.

Cynthia said...

Bacon chocolate!! Was it Mo's Bacon Bar by Vosges?? I love that one. Anyway, congrats on your 100th post!

Jenn said...

Cynthia: Yeah. That's the one. It's so good!!!! I'm going to have to get me another one.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Best wishes
Alice Tudes

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger