Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Easy Peasy Zucchini Bread



The zucchinis are still abundant at the farmer's market, so I took advantage of the opportunity and bought me a couple. I've been seeing quite a bit of zucchini bread over the summer, so I decided to join in on the bandwagon. A little late, but I'm aboard. My version makes just a simple loaf that's moist and chewy. I mixed in some almonds with it as I like nuts and grains in my breads sometimes. Plus, I love almonds. Who doesn't love almonds? Unless, you're allergic.

Again I followed my banana bread recipe and substituted a couple ingredients here and there. I grated the zucchinis and added it into the batter. Baked this one close to an hour and out came this beautiful looking loaf. The smell in the house was just fabulous. Who needs an air freshener when you have the smell of fresh baked bread. I'll take that over the smell of synthetic flowers.

Makes 1 loaf.




Easy Peasy Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 c fresh zucchini - grated
1 c sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter or margarine
2 eggs
2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp nutmeg
1 c almonds (plus extra for topping)

Preat your oven to 350˚F

In a bowl, sift together the flour salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.

In another bow, cream together the butter and sugar. Then beat in each egg. Slowly pour in the flour mixture constantly stirring. Then add the zucchini and almonds. Blend well.

Pour the batter into a greased loaf dish and top with some almonds.

Baked for 50-55 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

Let the loaf cool slightly before removing from the pan.


29 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I agree, this must make the house smell heavenly. Much better than a candle. Looks terrific!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I have never made zucchini bread. This looks wonderful, and I can just imagine the smell...

Unknown said...

You are so right. To me, baked goods smell better than any perfume. This looks great, I especially love the look of the crunchy almonds on top.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Mmm... For a while I was really glad that I stopped getting zucchini from my garden/CSA because I was getting sick of it. Now I'm hoping it will pop up in my CSA share this week so I can try out your zucchini bread recipe!

Pam said...

I love zucchini bread - your recipe looks terrific.

Debbie said...

Looks terrific. I love quick breads and haven't made a zucchini one in a while. The almonds are a great idea. Sure they really bring up the taste!

vanillasugarblog said...

I <3 easy peasy! LOL
I'm always looking for ways to kick up this bread, not that it isn't good on it's own, but you know me....

theUngourmet said...

My zucchini are finally all gone! I stuck some in the freezer though so that I can make some bread this winter! I do so love almonds. Your bread looks mighty tasty!

Lana said...

Great sneaky way to get a few more veggies into the diet! Kids would really go for this bread, too. Thanks for sharing, Jenn.

Unknown said...

I love the addition of almonds - nice change of pace!

Jenn said...

Donna: Forget the candles. Bread is it.

Andrea: Give it a try. It's really good.

HH, Pam: Thanks.

Jen: Hopefully you'll get some zucchini again.

Debbie: They do.

Dawn: I know. hehe...

Ungourmet: Thanks. Now you know what to do with the frozen ones.

Lana: Indeed. Veggie creativity is a must for kids to eat them.

ValleyWriter: Thanks.

teresa said...

this is fantastic, and yes, i would bake a loaf of this everyday just to get that gorgeous smell!

Jamie said...

I much prefer the smell of something baking, especially when it is filled with cinnamon, to any air freshener or candle. This bread looks simply scrumptious!

Jenn said...

Teresa: I would, too.

Jamie: Yes!

Heather S-G said...

I definitley would love the whole house to smell of zucchini bread!! Yum, looks delicious...and YES, I love almonds :D

Diana said...

Zucchini bread is one of my favorite things that my mom bakes. So flavorful, moist -- it's the perfect breakfast or snack!

The Duo Dishes said...

We have to do some sort of zucchini baked good sooner than later. If anyone smells this baking, they'll go into a fit of excitement. Looks great.

Jenn said...

Girlichef: ;-D

Diana: I've just recently discovered this bread, so I'm definitely going to make it again.

Duo: Yes, you should!!!!!

Esi said...

I was just telling Diana the other day that the only way I will eat zucchini is in zucchini bread. Looks good!

Jenn said...

Esi: Hehe...Thanks.

OysterCulture said...

I have not had zucchini bread in such a long time, you have me craving it

Jenn said...

Oyster: That mean you gotta make a loaf.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I love zucchini bread! I have not made it in forever though...I need to get on that!

Jenn said...

Nutmeg: Yes.

Reeni said...

I love zucchini bread because it doesn't taste like zucchini! The only way I'll eat it is like this or fried

Jenn said...

Reeni: Yeah...that's one of the neat things about this bread.

test it comm said...

Nice looking zucchini bread! I enjoyed a few loaves of zucchini bread this season. :)

Jasmine said...

I'll follow your recipe to the last detail and hopefully i can have it done perfectly. 'll try it and share with my family.

site said...

It won't work in actual fact, that is exactly what I suppose.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger