Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, October 11, 2009

This week in Production Eats, Plus some Pomegranate Goodness

This week I worked on the set of Saving Grace. It's a show starring Academy Award winner Holly Hunter, a really sweet lovely person and petite like me. I was actually surprised when the main cast ate in the same room as the crew and background. I thought was pretty cool. It was a night shoot. So that consisted to staying up all night long. How about 4pm to 5am. I do love night shoots though. They're really fun. I say with with all honesty. We were given two meals that night. I only ate at the first one. I took a picture of the second meal courtesy of a fellow background artist. It was around 2-3 in the morning when they gave us the second meal and I didn't feel like eat another heavy meal. You'll see why. But let's go for the first meal, which I found to be quite delicious, especially with dessert. 


My cowboy hat casually making a cameo at the top there.



Top going clockwise: cesaer salad, dinner roll, underneath the dinner roll is some chicken salad, a few pieces of caprese salad, mixed rice, sauteed bell pepper and eggplants, veggie wrapped fish roll, grilled steak.

I loved the steak. Nice and tenders pieces. I like the eggplant and bell peppers, too. Chicken salad was so-so. I stuffed that into the roll. But the fresh caprese salad made for it.  I found the fish to be okay, but I do like the idea of wrapping pieces of a fillet into a rolls.  I may just have to try that for my next fish dish. (The wheels in my head are turning now.)



For dessert, a nice slice of carrot cheesecake with a cinnamon crumble topping and graham cracker crust. Yeah. No words for this one. I devoured it.

The second meal-


From left to right: Salad, some sort of pasta looking dish, grilled chicken with a yellow gravy on top, and a brownie.

A bit of a heavy meal at 3 o'clock in the morning. I did have the brownie. The recipient of the plateful of food had graciously given me his brownie. It was rich, moist with a crisp top crust. The the right amount of sugar to keep me going for the rest of the night.

Next, I got a lovely surprise at my doorstep this week. The wonderful folks at POM had sent me another delicious sampling of two new juices.


Pomegranate Nectarine
Pomegranate Kiwi

I realized as I was already guzzling down the POM Nectarine that I hadn't taken a photo of it yet. Hence the half empty bottle on the right. Oops. haha... It's an awesome twist to the regular ol' POM juice. I loved them both. You can definitely taste the Nectarine and Kiwi in each with a lovely blend of POM. If you haven't been too keen on the regular POM juice due to the tartness of the fruit, why not give these two new flavors a go. I'm sure it'll change your mind. It's refreshingly good. Plus, pomegranates are good anti-oxidants. Healthy juice that's flavorful and healthy gets a plus in my book.

Oh, before I forget, I'd like to give a special shout out Alta from Tasty Eats At Home for passing along to me the One Lovely Blog award earlier this week. Thanks, Alta!!


18 comments:

zerrin said...

It must be fun to work late hours. And the dishes look so filling. I get curious especially about the dessert, it looks yummy! Wish I was one of the crew there:)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Great food! I know the caprese salad would have been my favorite too! I love your production eats posts! :)

Donna-FFW said...

My god, Id love to try that carrot cheesecake.. Holy crap that sounds good!!!

lisaiscooking said...

The carrot cheesecake looks delicious! I want to make one now.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It all looks good, but the brownie and cheesecake caught my eye. It must be hard to eat like that twice within 12 hours. I'm surprised the 2nd meal wasn't lighter.

Unknown said...

Hey maybe i should have become a movie star after all! That cake slice looked absolutely scrumptious! Hope you are having a great weekend daaaaaahling!

Ken said...

Your production meals always look better than I ever got on the sets i have worked on! GREG

Ken said...

I am in Palm Springs so "KEN" is actally SippitySup! GREG

Jenn said...

Zerrin: ;-D

Andrea: Thanks.

Donna: It was really good.

Lisa: go for it.

Mary: Yeah. I'm not really fond of eating at time of night.

HH: Maybe you should have. You'd be eating great production food.

Greg: lol. I guess it depends on the production.

theUngourmet said...

It all looks really yummy especially the Caprese salad and the cheesecake.

Sounds like so much fun!

Bob said...

Carrot cheesecake? How do I make this wonderful thing? POM sent me some of that stuff too, I've been meaning to do something with it.

chow and chatter said...

oh i like the fish roll and the cowboy hat you make me smile and congrats on the award

Jenn said...

Ungourmet: It is.

Bob: yeah. I got to try and make some of the cheesecake it was really good.

CC: Thanks.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yummy food... I love reading all about your job. Your life is so much more glamourous than mine! :)

Jenn said...

Jen: It's not that glamorous, but it is fun.

Tasty Eats At Home said...

That fish roll looks good, but not nearly as good as carrot cheesecake! Yum!

teresa said...

your job is so cool! i love the food!

Jenn said...

Tasty: Yeah. i may just try making something similar soon.

Teresa: Thanks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger