Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, October 18, 2009

This week in Production Eats

We have three shows this week. First up, Flash Forward. This was a long day. Shot three scenes in downtown Los Angeles in Little Tokyo or J-Town.



Clockwise from top: Meat balls for the spaghetti, bread roll, Baked fish, Seasoned rice, steamed veggies.

I enjoyed the fish very much. Nicely seasoned and tender. The meatballs were tender and juicy and not too big. I don't like those jumbo meatballs the size of a fist. Veggies were well...veggies. There were quite a lot of us so the food wasn't as particularly extravagant, but it was good. I did raid the craft service table for some snacks. Though, I pretty much do that with every job.


Salad with some fresh mushrooms and a dash of dressing, some fresh fruit and for dessert a couple chocolate chip cookies.

We were give a second meal of our choice of tomato soup or corn chowder, but I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them as we were shooting at the time. But from the looks on everyone's faces it was just the right thing to have on a very cold night.

Next, Bones. We were shooting out in the rain all day, so I was soaking wet and freezing the whole time. Luckily, I didn't get sick the following day. I just had a minor sore throat. Phew.


 Clockwise fro top right: Roasted veggie salad with zucchini, bell peppers and portobello slices. Some slices of roasted ham, salmon with an olive tapenade, cous cous, rice, bread roll. Dessert was some churros and a couple of brownie pieces. Those are the ones on the top left.

I LOVED the salmon. It was a perfect match with the olive tapenade. I was tempted to get seconds, but there's quite a lot of us there. I savored the piece I had to the last bite. I may just make this for my dinner this week. The ham could have been a little better. It was a bit on the dry side. Though, I was near the end of the line, I figured all the good pieces were already taken. This is the first set that I worked on that served churros, so I took two. Crunchy deliciousness coated in cinnamon sugar. *drool*

For this one we were give a second meal as well. An Asian flare of chow mien, fried rice, some sort of chicken and vegetable dish. I only had a little of the chow mien as it was getting pretty late. The noodles were a little cold. They had called back onto set to shoot another angle before I had my chance to get some food, so by the time we came back, it's been slightly sitting for a while. I did enjoy it though. Slightly cold noodles are good, too.

Finally, Eastwick. This one was a relatively short day, so we had simple meal. This selection was pretty much an American flare.



Clockwise from top: Some fruits, french fries, a couple buffalo wings, pickle spear, some salad and fresh mushrooms with a vinaigrette.

It doesn't get any more American than that. I loved the french fries. Nice and crisp. I think they may have done the double fry on them to get that nice and crisp crunch. I liked the buffalo wings, too. Actually, I'm a fan of anything buffalo wing related. Just like my buffalo chicken meatballs. Easier to eat and without the bones.



There was also come battered fish and three difference types of burgers. I went for a nice hotdog. Take a look at it. It's like fat fat jumbo dog! I think it an appropriate choice as there was a baseball game at the same time. (Go Dodgers!!!!) Got to root for the hometown team, right? Nothing beats a good baseball game like a good hotdog. There was ketchup and mustard, you know the usual condiments, but I decided to have a little fun with it by slathering on some sour cream and barbecue.

21 comments:

Miranda said...

Yum. That is a crazy amount of food.
What type of movies do you produce? You are crazy busy.....

Queen B. said...

oh my goodness !!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It's always so neat to hear about the shows you're working on - very cool!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Looking at your production eats is always so much fun! The food sounds & looks great. I love all the variety...

Happy Sunday!

vanillasugarblog said...

now I want a hot dog and two churros!!!

Sasha said...

Mm churros! I'd love some right now.

Sounds like you have a great job : )

Mary Bergfeld said...

I sense that you are a self-regulating eater. The food around you is so appealing it wouldn't be hard to pack on extra pounds. Couragio!

Heather S-G said...

Wow!! I always wonder what it'd be like to actually MAKE the food for something like this...do people actually appreciate it...or is it just a matter of nourishing themselves in the middle of all the hubbub? Have I told you how cool your job is? :D

chow and chatter said...

oh I'll take the salmon please

theUngourmet said...

I've never tried a hot dog with sour cream and bbq but I'm up for it!

Looks like some good grub, especially the salmon with the olive tapenade. Yum!

Catherine said...

This looks mouth-watering!

Sippity Sup said...

It's a wonder you ever cook at home. It seems like you can't be hungry when you get home. GREG

OysterCulture said...

love living vicariously through your lunches. and to Sippity's point - how ever do you find the time to cook, let alone blog about it. Have you discovered the secret of the time space continuum?

Jenn said...

Oyster: Lol. No secret. I cook on my free days. The great thing about what I do is that I can work on set and from home. So it's a balancing act in many ways.

Sarah said...

So much food! The salmon and olive tapenade does look delicious!

Maggie Ha said...

Love that you're documenting craft services! Makes me miss LA and entertainment :) I wish my lunches had big chocolate chip cookies right next to a mushroom salad!

Reeni said...

I love hearing about your work! So cool! Lots of yummy eats!

teresa said...

Fun! You have the coolest job, especially with all those good eats!

Mardi Michels said...

Love Flash Forward! It's interesting to see what they serve on set!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen churros on any set--genius!!!

tavolini said...

Very cool--looks like some pretty decent eats!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger