Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Panera

First, don't forget to switch you clock back an hour. We're back to normal time again.

I worked on one production this week, but it was relatively a short day, so no meal on set. But I will say that it was for Disney Channel movie. Here's a funny tidbit. We were shooting a Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. During one of the breaks we had a small group of teeny boppers came casually walking up and squealed like fan girls do, The whole "O.M.G" and the "That's HIM!! AHHH!!!" It was a hilarious sight to see. I'm sure they'll be talking about that moment for the next year. Did I ever act like that during my teenage years? Not that I remember. I was always the "pretend you're not staring" type.

Anyway, I did have a lovely lunch with my mom. They recently opened up a Panera Bread several blocks away from where I live and I was really excited about it. WOOT!! The branch I usually went to was in the next city over, so I was happy that this one was only walking distance. The only reason we decided to eat out was becuase I had a coupon that was to expired that day for buy one get one free offer. It was one of those mailers I received a while back. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. It was actually an offer for their You Pick Two deal where you order any two of a half sandwich, half salad, or half soup. Why not, right?



My mom had the Sierra Turkey. Which consisted of "Smoked turkey breast with chipotle mayonnaise, field greens & red onions on our Asiago Cheese Focaccia." With a cup of Vegetarian Summer Corn Chowder and a bag of chips.




I had the Mediterranean Veggie. It had "Zesty Peppadew™ piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro hummus on our Tomato Basil bread." With a cup Vegetarian Summer Corn Chowder and half a small whole wheat baguette to dip with my soup. I really enjoyed the the soup a lot. They was a bit of spice to it. Just enough not to overpower the taste of the corn. The sandwich was really tasty as well. Together they filled me up just right. Not too heavy and not too light.

Early this week, I received an email from Sophia from Burp and Slurp to a link for a video about grocery shopping, but it wasn't you ordinary video. It was a musical about grocery shopping. I laughed my butt off when I watched this and I thought I'd share it with you too. So sit back and relax and enjoy!


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, excellent, I love Panera, so many goodies there!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I haven't been to Panera in a while... It's about time again.... :)

Love the squealing teenage fans story... :)

Great video!

Miranda said...

I love Panera! I must admit, I buy a lot of bread from there ( A guilty pleasure.)
Love the video..SO FUNNY!

Heather S-G said...

Yum, I love Panera :) Soup and sammie...can't get much more comforting than that.

Mary Bergfeld said...

The video was a great deal of fun. We have no Panera in our area, so we only eat there when we travel. Not a bad place.

OysterCulture said...

I had not been to Panera in a while and everytime i go back, I am always surprised at how much I like it. It is such a great set up, glad to hear you got one a lot closer to home!

chow and chatter said...

oh love the clip and panera is great will eat fish and chips with lots of vinegar for ya!!

alecho said...

hahaha, the video clip was awesome... that's how I feel grocery shopping from time to tiem ;)

Sippity Sup said...

st of all I am NEVER on "normal time"! But I did remeber to switch mt clocks... GREG

teresa said...

fun video! i love panera too, i never get tired of their yummy food!

Sophia said...

Hee hee hee! That video still cracks me up!

Oh my God. WHERE IS PANERA?!!! I miss that place SO much! I used to live close to 3 different Paneras, and I can't find one around here!

♥peachkins♥ said...

everything in here looks good. I watched that grocery musical and I think its cute..

theUngourmet said...

Yum! Chipotle Mayo! I have to come back and watch the video in the morning. My house is asleep and I don't want to wake it up! :D

theUngourmet said...

I just hopped back over to see the video! That's is too funny! Thanks for the laugh for today.

Have a great Monday! :D

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I love Panera:) Mr. Nutmeg Nanny and I went there on Friday. I got a broccoli cheddar soup and fontega chicken sandwich...yum!

Diana said...

I love the garden vegetable soup at Panera - I've been meaning to post about it actually!

Your sandwich looks delish too!

Muneeba said...

I love Panera too! I went through a phase with the Sierra Turkey ... had it almost every day for a long time! Now I'm on their Roasted Tomato soup kick, with bread of course!

Jenna said...

love your blog!
check out mine!!
jenna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger