Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Tale of Two Brunches

As I probably already mentioned, I love brunches. Just the fact it combines two meals into one. You can also have your choice of breakfast or lunch items. The combination is endless. Plus, I'm not usually a morning person, Sure I wake up early, but my mood is sometimes something else to be desired. But mention the word brunch (occasionally breakfast) and my mood perks up like Christmas morning.



Brunch #1. Early this week, I had a little outing with one of my bestest friends at Fred 62.  It was a lovely day out so we opted to eat on the outside tables. The place is a little trendy 24-hour eatery in the Los Feliz/Hollywood area. You can go there at 3am and order yourself their awesome mac and cheese balls. We spent some chatting it up before making our order. Their service is pretty fast.



My friend orders the Fred McMurray. Scrambled eggs, a sausage patty and hash browns on a buttery bun. Mouthwateringly good. Simple breakfast sandwich.



I ordered the New Amsterdam. Another breakfast sandwich. Scrambled eggs, bacon strips and hash browns on a buttery bun. I had to have my bacon. As much as I enjoy a good breakfast sausage every now and then, you can't beat the bacon. Plus a few dashes of tobasco and it made for satisfying meal. To wash it down, I had myself a cup of joe with free refills. My mug patiently sneaking into the shot in the back. I love the inhouse chip skewer holding it all together, too. This definitely trumps the Egg McMuffin any day!

Brunch #2. Panera. Well, I still had a couple coupon I need to use up. They're actually near expiration and I figured I'd take advantage of the opportunity while it was still here. This time it was for their Grilled Breakfast Sandwich. A buy one, get one free. Can't beat that right. If you see those kinds of coupons, use them. They're really a great deal. I took my mom with me before we headed out to the farmer's market to get this week's produce picks.



 It was a good sized sandwich. Just enough to hold me over. We both went for the fried egg, bacon and cheese on ciabatta. That was pressed like a panini. Again a simple sandwich. I haven't been disappointed yet by the quality of food served at this branch. Again, I washed it down for a hot cup of their dark roast coffee. 

On a little side-note -- Congrats to Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao!! ;-D

24 comments:

Miranda said...

We are obsessed with sandwiches in out home. This looks absolutely fantastic!!! I would love this place!!

figtree said...

I love brunch as well. I would love a bite of this sandwiche!

Unknown said...

Breakfast foods (which is really the same as brunch) are my absolute fave. These sandwiches look great.

Sasha said...

I agree with the housewife ^, breakfast foods are the best. Fred62 sounds awesome. The chip skewer is cute : )

The Duo Dishes said...

The best thing about breakfast is having it late at night. That's the best time for Fred 62. Yum!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love brunch! Your sandwiches look awesome! :) Actually, I could eat a sandwich with a (slightly runny) egg in it any time of day...

teresa said...

i like brunch too because it doesn't involve getting up early! these look wonderful!

Dewi said...

For me brunches always have a special meaning, because this is the time all of my family will get together and chat all the way until afternoon.

Sounds like a perfect place to bring family and friends for delicious brunch.

theUngourmet said...

The first sandwich is too cute with the potato chip sticking out the top! :D

OysterCulture said...

I love brunches too, even more after seeing the sampling you offered up!

Love the "little" side note - that's a heck of an accomplishment, and was an awesome fight! Incredible.

Heather S-G said...

mmmmm...breakfast sammies...delicious! Seriously, they all look killer :D

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Brunch is the best:) I have not tried Panera's breakfast sandwiches but they sure do look great.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try those breakfast sandwiches at Fred 62. I'd definitely choose a sandwich with bacon and hash browns.

Parita said...

Brunch sandwiches look absolutely mouth watering!

Anonymous said...

WHERE is this place?!! I need to go! You love brunchy food too?!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

The sandwich looks great. wish i could try them.

Ozge said...

Jennnn! Hello hello again =) I come by and what do I see? This place I've been to last summer. Fred 62 had some interestingly named cool food. I remember having ordered this tower something burger =) Aww. I really enjoyed reading you mentioning your yummie adventure to that place, memory refreshed.

zerrin said...

I can have these even early in the morning! They look fantastic!

lisaiscooking said...

Brunch is indeed a meal worth waking up for. Those sandwiches look great!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Both of these look amazing to me.

Diana said...

I totally agree re: the bacon - it can't be beat! Your sandwich looks delish! Is that a potato chip sticking out the top?

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum... tasty sandwiches! Brunch is one of my favorites... although I always get sucked in by the cinnamon crunch bagel at Panera. It's all I ever order for breakfast/brunch (and sometimes lunch/dinner).

Tangled Noodle said...

I am so about breakfast! The balanced chip on top of these looks so funny (yet tasty). I had to wait until Sunday morning to find out the outcome but Manny's win was still exciting!

Bianca said...

I love brunch and the first sandwich looks delicious! Anytime is a good time for brunch! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger