Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Production Eats - No. 8

This week I worked on the show Lie to Me. It's a drama on Fox with Tim Roth and Kelli Williams. I've actually been a fan of both actors for many years now. Tim Roth for his many films that he's done and Kelli Williams for her role as Lindsey Dole on the show The Practice. Lie to Me airs Monday nights after House. It's a really good show. It's probably one of my favorites this TV season. Also shooting scenes on those days were Jennifer Beals (Flashdance), Brendan Hines, and Monica Raymond. Basically the whole cast. I worked on the show for 3 days pretending it was winter in DC. I'll be working on it again this coming week. An upside on one of the days was when Tim Roth said hello to me on my way to the stage. I didn't care how long I worked, I was happy as can be (on the inside)  Now on to the food.

Day 1. We were on location in downtown Los Angeles, so food and snacks were plenty to keep the cast and crew happy, while we worked long hours on these next two days.


 Clockwise from top: White bread with sun-dried tomatoes and cheese baked on top, pasta in white sauce with ham, white rice, fire roasted roma tomatoes, roast beef with herbs.

I enjoyed the fire-roasted tomato. Just look at the char on the skin. When sliced open, the juices of the tomato just oozed out. Cut a tiny slice of that with a piece of the roast beef and some rice. Delicious. Probably the best roast beef I've had in a while. There was also some grilled calamari steaks, but the roast beef was just calling my name. How can you not resist that tender piece of meat?


I had it with a side of salad of mixed greens, pomegranates and grape fruit, tossed in a vinaigrette topped with some fresh mushrooms, fresh pineapple slices. For dessert, a delicious fruit tart.

I don't think I need to tell you how much I LOVED the fruit tart, do I? 

Day 2. Same location as day 1.


Top clockwise: Grilled yellowfin with tomato sauce, white rice with beans, a slice of pumpernickel bread, lima beans with sauteed mushrooms, pasta with red sauce or what looked like a tomato pesto. I was craving something a little lighter thatn a large piece of a grilled chicken thigh and leg, so I opted for the fish. It was enjoyable. A little cooked through for my taste, but I ate it all up. I did love the lima beans with mushrooms. It was a beany kind of meal.



I had the usual side salad of mixed greens with fresh mushrooms and a balsamic dressing and a couple of pineapple slices. Now the dessert was something to die for. A nice scoop of apple pie with graham cracker crust and a piece rich chocolate fudge cake. Oh yeah!!! I was tempted to get a second slice, but I didn't want to look greedy, so I just savored what I had in front of me. One bite at a time.

Day 3. Working on the 20th Century Fox Studio lot. Since we had a late call time by the time we were released for lunch most of the places to eat on the lot were already closed for the day. Luckily, there was one cafe that was opened late. So I ventured out in the cold with a fellow actor walking through the Fox lot towards some grub.



I had a simple slice of pepperoni pizza with some mixed greens with corn, edamame, topped with some balsamic dressing. A simple satisfying flair. We were also served some chili and chowder as well as fresh made crepes later into the night, I didn't have some of the soup as I was still full from the pizza, but it looked delicious and warm for a cold night. But I did manage to snag some snacks from the craft service table to take home with me. The perks of the craft service table.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Lie to Me! You'll have to tell us what episode(s) you'll be in!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I always love your Production Eats posts! And while I rarely eat meat, now I want some roast beef! It just looks and sound delicious with the roasted tomatoes!

vanillasugarblog said...

you always make me so hungry when you show these.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

They feed you so well! I know when I'm on set at my bosses show I'm in love with all the good eats I can grab :)

Dewi said...

I never seen the show, but the food atract me for sure.

Unknown said...

Hey, are you allowed to go for seconds? :D just wondering LOL

Jenn said...

Sophie: Thanks.

Valley: Sure will.

Andrea: I don't eat red meat much either, but it was just temptingly good.

Dawn: Hehe...

Nutmeg: One of the upsides of working on shows.

Elra: ;-)

HH: If they have extra after everyone's gotten their fill.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Did you also get to meet Kelli? I bet she's even more beautiful in the flesh!

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I am so jealous - your job sounds amazing....you seem to get to work on the sets of some of my favorite shows! yummy looking eats too!

teresa said...

oh my gosh, i think i'd be in danger of gaining all sorts of crazy weight working your job, what yummy eating!

Anonymous said...

did you get to speak to jennifer beals

Donna-FFW said...

What great eats.. Love the perks you receive.. so lucky!

Jenn said...

Alex: I did get a chance to meet her personally, but I was in a couple scenes with her. But she looks fantastic.

Tasty, Donna: Thanks.

Teresa: lol. I try not to keep my plates to a good portion. Luckily, with meals like that I'd be pretty satisfied for the rest of the day.

chow and chatter said...

wow its my fav show and love the Brits in the US!! so its filmed in LA cool, what did the cast eat!!!

Anonymous said...

I watch the show Lie to Me every week. That's so cool Tim Roth said hello to you.

Anonymous said...

Well, I see they at least serve you edible food. And pretty nutritious, too!
And fresh crepes? That's amazing!

theUngourmet said...

I adore that little fruit tart! I think it would be one of my favorites too!

Jenn said...

CC: They ate the same thing we did.

hummingbird: It was. ;-D

Sophia: Yup. ;-D

Jenn said...

Ungourmet: ;-D

tavolini said...

I am so jealous of these production eats--they look GOOD. Such a variety!

Reeni said...

What a variety of food! All delicious! I'm suddenly craving pizza!

Anonymous said...

Jen! Which scenes were you in, which episode? I want to look out for you!

Lucky you acting with Kelli and Tim...great actors...we love Tim over here in the UK!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger