Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts



I was lucky I didn't grow up in a household where my mom put the fear of brussels sprout in me. I welcomed veggies at a young age. Though, I didn't always eat them as I should have. I preferred the unhealthy stuff over the healthy. At last now, I try to get as much vegetable as I can. I also never really got why kids disliked them. I look at them now and I see that they're cute little things. They're baby cabbages.

I decided to cook them in a simple way. Roasted. Well, also be cause I was clueless as to how else I can cook them. Roasting veggies seems like an obvious choice. Plus, I also like the way roasted veggies taste. It was a win-win situation on my part. Tossed in some extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. and lightly sprinkled some shredded cheese on top to garnish. Again super simple, yet oh-so-delicious.

So eat up on those brussels sprouts. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Serves 2-3

Brussels Cheese on Foodista



Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts

1 lb brussels sprouts (cleaned and halved)
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper


Preheat your oven 450˚F

Combine the the halved brussels sprouts in a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss together until all the brussels sprouts have been coated.

Place onto a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.


25 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

total veggie lover from way back over here - they are all good and these roasted sprouts look great!

Miranda said...

I love brussel sprouts and this looks like a great way to have them. Yum

teresa said...

i love these! this is something i might eat for lunch, by itself, well, maybe with a piece of bread, delish!

chow and chatter said...

oh cool a great brussel sprout recipe

Nutmeg Nanny said...

These roasted brussel sprouts look amazing! I love that you call them little cabbages. When I was at the Mexican market they had brussel sprouts and had them labeled "mini cabbages"...sooooo cute!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Love them! :)

Unknown said...

I liked brussel sprouts growing up, too - even though they were boiled. Now, having had them roasted, I think they're amazing! These look especially yummy!

theUngourmet said...

Love Brussel sprouts! Love 'em! Great idea to use Balsamic!

OysterCulture said...

I bet these little beauties taste delicious, they certainly look yummy. I have got to try them. Great idea coupling them with balsamic vinegar

alecho said...

Funny... I bought brussel sprouts today. Hmmm... and this recipe looks yummy.

Caitlin said...

Yay for brussel sprouts! TJ's is selling them on the stalk (I did not even knew that they grew on a stalk lol). I like the idea of roasting them, simple & low maintenance. I think I shall use lemon juice instead of vinegar on mine : D

Cucinista said...

LOVE brussels sprouts and love this recipe.

Judy said...

I love brussels sprouts. These look easy and delicious.

Reeni said...

My parents put the fear of brussels sprouts in me. I just recently got over it and tried them again. I like them. And I like these! I've never had them roasted! They look yummy!

Justin said...

have i ever told you how much i love brussels sprouts

Tasty Trix said...

Brussels sprouts rule!!

Chef Jenn said...

I love me some Brussels but I'd never thought of doing them like this! Thanks for the great idea

lisaiscooking said...

I love roasted brussels sprouts! The balsamic sounds fantastic with them too. Hey, congrats on being in the FB top 9 today!

Robin, David, Simon and Leo said...

Brussel sprouts are my FAVORITE vegetable. We just planted some seeds, and I check on the seedlings every day because I can't wait to have sprouts from the garden. They're growing way too slowly... Our family tradition is to serve them every year for Thanksgiving, so your recipe will come in handy. Thanks!

Lauren @CoffeeMuffins said...

Congrats on making the Top 9 on foodbuzz! I have to admit I've always been a pretty big fan of brussels sprouts too, and my man really loves them.

I've never tried roasting them before - normally I just boil them, but this seems like a really interesting change. Thanks for the recipe

The Duo Dishes said...

Hoping to squeeze sprouts on the Thanksgiving menu. When they are roasted, even the haters will like them.

Kathleen said...

Congrats on foodbuzz top 9! I'm trying to like brussel sprouts. This recipe might help. Gracias ;)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

I love Brussels sprouts... these look wonderful. I am all for roasting things with Balsamic vinegar! Roasted veggies are the best in cooler weather!

muebles fuenlabrada said...

So much helpful data for me!

peakoilscotland said...

I saw a lot of useful material in this post!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger