Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Homemade Croutons


There's not much to say about this one. A simple easy recipe to make croutons. Once in a while I like some added crunch in my salads aside crunch of the lettuce. I like croutons once in a while. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in. But I love it on caesar salad. They are relatively easy to make. Almost like a biscotti. Yet these are baked once. I used a couple sliced of sourdough, but you can use whichever bread you prefer. They don't really have to be one type. the neat thing is that they absorb some of the vinaigrette I lovingly drizzle over the greens. As you can tell by the photos, I piled them on there pretty good.

Served 2-3



Homemade Croutons

3 slices day old sourdough bread
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra if needed)

Preheat your oven to 375˚F

Using a serrated knife cut the bread in to 1/2-inch thick squares. Place them in a bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and give them a toss. Make sure to coat them well. Then place on an ungreased baking sheet. Baked for 30 minutes. Give then a toss half way through to even out the browning and until crisp.

Serve with you favorite salad.

10 comments:

Parita said...

Lovely!!! These look perfect!

figtree said...

Years ago I had a job in a restaurant, every morning I had to make the croutons..your s look better than mine!!YUM

Deeba PAB said...

This is my fave part of left over bread. Yummy goodness!!

chow and chatter said...

oh they look great and so easy to make love it you need some pork floss on there!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I have to make croutons again... Thanks for the reminder!

Happy Weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Homemade croutons are so yummy! Happy weekend!

Sook said...

Oh wow, they do look amazing! I've never made croutons on my own but I should really try it.

Marie said...

Love me some croutons! Strangely, I've never had panzanella.

teresa said...

is it bad if i eat these without a salad?

Nutmeg Nanny said...

It may not be a complicated meal but I have never made homemade croutons before....eek! I should give it a try...they looks great :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger