Search Bread + Butter

Monday, February 15, 2010

Today in history...

I was born.

Yep. I'm another year older today. Sixteen years old to be exact. Give or take ten years.  How do I feel on this day? Not sure. But it's nice to have it on a holiday.  President's Day. So today I'm taking the day off. What shall I do on this day? To be honest, I haven't really planned anything in terms of celebrating. It's always been a "go with the flow" and see what happens or just go out to dinner and maybe splurge a little. Most likely it's the dinner option. Last year I was able to get a nice big prime rib dinner at Lawry's in Beverly Hills. That's because someone had given me a gift card. SO no big splurge this year. But I'm happy with just a simple meal. Heck, I'm even happy with just a cupcake and a little teeny candle.

What will I eat? What will I do? You'll just have to wait.

Also, I'd like to thank Nutmeg Nanny for passing along this lovely award to me a few days ago. If you you don't know of her blog yet, now you do. Check it would because she's got some great recipes. As for the award there are some instructions that came with it.


Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated


So let's see...seven things that I haven't mentioned yet here and here. In no particular order:

1. I do some work as a background actor on film and television. You can see some of the screen grabs on some of the shows I've been on here. This is where my production eats series comes from.

2. I have a fear of clowns. They still scare the crap out of me after all these years.

3. I have a passion for photography. I like to take pictures of even the most mundane things that inspire me.

4. Two things I need to have with me at all times: My small black notebook and my favorite pen.

5. I keep a small snack box next to my desk filled with little goodies. (Shhh...don't tell ;-D)

6. Laughing. I tend to look serious or contemplative a lot of the time, but in reality, I really love to laugh.

7. I'm really easy-going. It takes a lot to get me angry and it doesn't happen too often.  I may look small, but I can be feisty!


As for Number 5 and 6 in the instructions. I'll just pass it on to all you loyal readers. It's always hard to pick just a few. And I'm in such a giving mood that I'll share it with all of you.

So for now I'll be like Dopey and get ready to chomp down on a slice of cake!! 
 

20 comments:

Parita said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!!! Wish you all the love and happiness in the world. May you have a fantastic year ahead!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to a wonderful girl :). Hope all your birthday wishes come true.
*kisses* HH

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jenn !!! Best wishes to you for this year!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Jenn...Have a great day and year too!

Tangled Noodle said...

Happy Birthday! I'd almost rather have a cupcake and ice cream over prime rib (I say almost because I wouldn't turn down the prime rib!) and I'm sure that whatever treats you have to celebrate will be wonderful.

I really enjoyed the screenshots of you scenes - I did see you on the Big Bang Theory and Bones (Avatar line) episodes when they ran!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! Enjoy your day & have a wonderful year!

Phyllis said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! Hope you have fabulous day whatever you do :)
ps. cool screen grabs, I'm going to have to look for you now in all my favorite shows!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you celebrate your ass off...haha. I took a look at your onscreen pictures. I love all the shows you have worked on. I saw you did "The Closer" that is on the same lot as "Private Practice"...maybe we have seen each other and never knew it;)

Reeni said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! You have one of the best jobs! Have a wonderful day celebrating!

Dana Fallentine said...

Happy Birthday! Thank you for all the wonderful ideas you share!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!! And congrats on the award!

Bob said...

Happy birthday! Hope it's a good one.

Joanne said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have an excellent day :D

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Have a blessed birthday...what's left of it. May this new year be fruitul.....

vanillasugarblog said...

happy birthday sweetheart! is someone going to spoil you today? I hope so, you deserve it.
And the photos, you're like in every show!

♥peachkins♥ said...

HAppy Birthday,Jenn!

teresa said...

how fun! happy happy birthday my friend! enjoy your day and i hope you get completely spoiled!

OysterCulture said...

Happy Birthday, and what a great way to start things off with a well deserved award. Hope you relax and have a wonderful time!

Victoria said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you ate some awesome food today :)

sophia said...

Happy happy birthday, Jenn!!!! You modern Renaissance woman, you! I hope your day (and year) is full of happiness, love, and blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger