Search Bread + Butter

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wings #2: Sesame Teriyaki


Here's wings number 2. The prep for the wings is basically the same I had done for the garlic buffalo. (Thanks Alton Brown!!) I included the instructions on that below as well. Since the other members of the household are really fans of heat and spice, I figured I'd make an alternative and decided on an Asian flavored wing.

But it's so good and gingery. I'm definitely going to be making this one again and again and again.

Makes 1 dozen.



Teriyaki Wingsadapted from Good Eats

1 dozen wings separated with tips removed
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp fressh ginger - fine chopped
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 large garlic clove
1 tsp oyster sauce
pinch of salt to season
2-3 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds



Steam the chicken on a metal steamer or steaming basket on medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not use the bamboo kind. Then pat the chicken dry and place them on a cooling rack or a baking pan with paper towels underneat. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.


Preheat your oven to 425˚F


Place the chicken on a parchment paper lines baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Give the chicken turn halfway through for an even browning or until the skins are golden brown.


While the chicken cooks, prepare the hot sauce mix. Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, worchestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a sauce pan. and on medium head cook until the brown sugar dissolves. Then in a large enough bowl toss the nicely roasted chicken pieces with the teriyaki sauce until they are coated.

Sprinkle the sesame seeds over. Serve warm with some extra teriyaki sauce on the side.

19 comments:

Debbie said...

Delicious! A great recipe for wings - thanks. These sound so tasty!

chow and chatter said...

oh love this great recipe

tasteofbeirut said...

Jen
These wings look so inviting! I am sure if I made them I could tempt my (vegan) son into eating them!

vanillasugarblog said...

yum yum yum! girl I love this!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Yummy! These wings you are making are making me crave them like crazy!

Pam said...

I am loving these wings - I could eat the whole plate.

Dawn a.k.a The Whineaux said...

These look Great, I think I'll be making them for my Daytona 500 Party this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very yummy with sesame seeds!

Bob said...

Wow, those look amazing.

Food o' del Mundo said...

Love wings with sesame seeds - unexpected and delicious! I'm hoping you've got a Parmesan Dijon Wing recipe tucked up your sleeve too. ~Mary

teresa said...

oh yummy! next time i make wings, i'm coming to your blog!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Delicious!

Catherine said...

Wow these look delicious Jenn!

Mags @ the Other Side of 50 said...

Hubby doesn't know it yet but he's going to be making me these wings for Valentine's Day. Thanks for posting this....I can't wait to dig in.

Diana said...

Yum! I'm a sucker for fresh gingeg -- I may have to try this marinade on some chicken tenders! :)

Brad said...

Yum thanks for the great recipe

lisaiscooking said...

This version sounds great too! I'd love to sample both.

OysterCulture said...

You're killing me, wings 2 days in a row, I love wings now I am befuddled, do I go with #1 or #2 - stop trying to mess me up =)

www.zamora-3d.com said...

I saw so much worthwhile material here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger