Search Bread + Butter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stir It 28 Recap - Good food for a good cause


I'm glad to say that Stir It 28 went great. There looked to have been great turn out for a good cause. I'm proud to say that I was a part of it. So rather than writing endlessly about it. I'll just share with you some photos from the event. I'm so glad to have been able to put a faces to some of the blogs that I've been following as well as meeting new ones along the way. A special thanks to Chrystal of Duo Dishes for organizing the event and to Greg of Sippity Sup for hosting it as his lovely home -- which upon arriving I immediately fell in love with his house, more so the fabulous kitchen!!

I was one of several bloggers that cooked up some delicious eats. It was a pleasure meeting you all as well as other bloggers and non-bloggers who came to support the event. There were cocktails and some raffles prizes given away. My little ticket was almost called. It was off by one number. Darn! hehehe...

For my part, I made two appetizers. The first was Crab Salad Tostadita, which was basically some crab salad with homemade paprika tortilla chips. (There I go again with those darn tortillas!! Ha!!) The second was Cream Cheese and Mushroom Tartlettes. Both were well received and ran out fairly quick! I'll be posting the recipe to those in the next two days. It's definitely something I'll be keeping for gatherings and parties. We were all assigned shifts to take turns serving.  By the end of it all, I was really stuffed. It was a happy stuffed. Being able to try other bloggers creations is always fun and great. Seeing all our different cooking and baking styles. I did fairly good in staying away from the chocolate and meat. It was all too tempting, I tell ya! I had my point and shoot with me. I was planning for bring my dslr, but I already had a lot of stuff in my hands. Anyway...here's some of pics. Enjoy!

 
  

 
 
 
 

20 comments:

Divina Pe said...

Lots of great food for a good cause. You've made my favorites: crab and then mushrooms.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great event. How wonderful that you were part of it.

Tangled Noodle said...

What an awesome event - worthy cause, great company, excellent food, beautiful home and the most amazing organizer and host (Chrystal and Greg)! Love the photographs - especially the last, as I get to eyeball Greg's gorgeous fish plate collection again. Many thanks for sharing!

lisaiscooking said...

Looks like a great night! A fun event for such a good cause. Can't wait to see the dishes you created.

Phyllis said...

Are those Nanaimo bars I see?! Looks like a fun time. The crab salad tostadita and the tarlettes look delicious, can't wait for the recipes :)

vanillasugarblog said...

ohhhh man that looked like fun. and perfect friends around. love it.

Debbie said...

Looks like you had a blast and all the food looks wonderful!

The Duo Dishes said...

So many great pics! It's awesome to see the event unfold through everyone's eyes, if you will. Still wishing there had been a leftover mushroom tart! Can you make those again? :)

Joie de vivre said...

It looks like a fabulous party. What an awesome space for one too. That backyard pool looked divine.

Bob said...

Looks like fun! Glad it went well.

Diana said...

Such a fun event! It was great working in the kitchen with you and seeing the homemade tortillas in the flesh!

Hopefully next time we meet we'll both be able to chow down on some chocolate!

teresa said...

fantastic event! i wish i could have been there!

Esi said...

I had a great time. Good seeing you again!

Ken said...

Fantastic. You are the best for working so hard to make the event a success. I should have known you made those chips. GREG

Catherine said...

Everything looks great and the food looks great!

Cafe Pasadena said...

Nice pics!
I hope it helped others.

theUngourmet said...

Hey Jenn- It's so terrific that you got to be a part of this great event! Looks like such a yummy feast!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful event and a delicious feast too! Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

Diana H said...

Food, friends and fun, all for a good cause. The food looks delicious.

OysterCulture said...

What a wonderful event and hats off to everyone for all the hard work involved in organizing. Its easy to see all the effort and I only wish I was there to sample some of the wonderful stuff provided.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger