Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mini Peach Cobbler



Don't you just hate it when you have to share? Though, I do love sharing. Sometimes there are moments when you want to keep something to yourself. This was one of them. A nice little personal peach cobbler. One I can have all to myself.

I had some peaches that I wanted to baked something with. But it wasn't enough to make a full pie or a tart of some kind. I didn't feel like taking a lot of effort into making some kind of dough. I decided on make then into mini sized desserts. I remembered I had saved the small tart foil cups from some fruit tarts I made a while back. I knew I'd find another use for them. Woohoo...

I also used two  graham cracker mini tart rounds I had in the pantry. Those are optional This one is easy to make. Peeled the kinds from peaches and sliced them up. Tossed a bit of cinnamon in them to bump up the flavor level. Then placed them in mini tart cups and baked until the cobbler topping was nice and browned. 

Look at that peachy goodness wanting to pop out from under the cobbler topping. It's saying: "eat me."

Makes 4 mini cobblers



Mini Peach Cobbler


2 Ripe peaches
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon (plus extra)
3 Tbsp butter
2 c flour
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
 4 small ramekins or foil bowls.

Preheat oven to 350˚F

Poach the peaches in some boiling water for 60 seconds. Let the peaches cool, then carefully peel off the skins and cut into slices.

While the peaches cool, mix together the butter, flour, egg, and salt until a doughy crumb consistency. Set aside.

Add the cinnamon to the peaches and toss together. Divide the peach slices among the 4 ramekins. Then top with the flour mixture. Sprinkle with some extra cinnamon on top.

Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cobbler topping is golden brown.



27 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

You deserve a petite lil cobbler all for yourself! GREG

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Beautiful! :)

lk - healthy delicious said...

too cute!!

theUngourmet said...

Yes, I hate it when I have to share the last piece of bacon! ;0)

Mmm I am loving this cute little cobbler!

Unknown said...

I absolutely hate sharing, so glad I'm not alone lol. This is so cute.

Kim said...

Oh my, my mind has been on peaches and you had to go and post a peach cobbler! Great minds think alike! Now I must have a piece!

Jenn said...

Greg: I do.

Andrea, LK: Thanks.

Ungourmet: Mmmm...bacon.

HH: LOL. Sometimes, I have to keep things to myself.

Kim: Yes, indeed.

Dewi said...

Such a moth watering cobbeler. Delicious Jenn!

figtree said...

I hate to share yummie things as well.Looks delish!Figtreeapps

teresa said...

i wouldn't want to share this, that's for sure, yummmy!!

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I want one all for myself! They are little beauties :)

zerrin said...

This sounds an easy tasty dessert. I must buy some peaches before its season ends here.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is what I call a right-sized dessert. It looks wonderful.

alecho said...

Hmmm... peach cobbler... nothing but awesomeness!

Jenn said...

Elra: Thanks.

Figtree: hehe...

Girlichef: That's why I prefer to make mini sized versions.

Zerrin: Peaches have been really good this season.

Mary, alecho: I agree.

Parita said...

Wow i would love to have one for myself:)

Jenn said...

Parita: ;-D

Nutmeg Nanny said...

How delicious! I love peach cobbler and making it mini is probably a good thing...don't want to eat too much:)

Jenn said...

Nutmeg: Thanks

Reeni said...

Such yummy little treats!!! Graham cracker crust sounds great with it.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Your mini cobblers look so cute! Since they're little, does that mean I can eat two? :)

Jenn said...

Reeni: Thanks.

Jen: You sure can.

The Duo Dishes said...

Everyone says 'mmmmm' in unison!

Teanna said...

There is no way I would share that! Call me selfish, but that looks SO GOOD! Haha!

Jenn said...

Duo: hehe...

Teanna: That's why you gotta make them personal sized.

Peach Cobbler said...

I can't wait to try this one out. Thanks for posting it! :D

shop tienda erotica said...

Really effective data, thanks for this article.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger