Search Bread + Butter

Monday, September 21, 2009

Zucchini Linguini



It was a pretty busy day. Being a meeting for most of an afternoon, getting errands done and hurrying home to fix dinner. But what do I make? Let's see what goodies I had left from the farmer's market. Grape tomatoes and zucchini. Okay, I could use those. Here's a really easy simple weeknight dinner that would only take 30 minutes.

Chopped up the zucchini and tomatoes and sauteed them. I let the whole mixture simmer to let the juices of the tomato become the sauce of the whole dish. No canned tomatoes needed. Cooked up the rest of the linguini I had left and tossed the whole thing together. Sprinkled some grated parmesan and dug right in.

A simple easy veggie pasta dish that can be made at any day of the week.

Serve 2-3




Zucchini Linguini

3 medium tomatoes - chopped or 1 lb grape tomatoes
2 large zucchini - Sliced or chopped
extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves - chopped
salt
pepper
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
1/2 box linguini

Cooked the pasta in a pot of salt season boiling water. Cook until al dente roughly 8-10 minutes.

Drain the pasta and toss drizzle a little olive oil to keep the pasta from clumping and sticking together. Set aside.

In a skillet, saute the garlic for 30 sec. Toss in the zucchini and saute until cooked through.

Add the tomatoes, including seeds and all. Saute for a minute or two on medium heat until the juices of the tomatoes seep out. Drizzle in a little more olive oil and lower the heat. Bring to a simmer for roughly 5-10 minutes.

Plate the zucchini and pour over the zucchini and tomato sauce. Sprinkle some grated parmesan. Serve warm.




29 comments:

Bob said...

Looks awesome. Nice and easy.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I love the name of this dish:) It's so catchy! Also it looks really delicious and flavorful...yum!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

We think alike again! I just posted a tilapia recipe with sauteed zucchini and cherry tomatoes (close enough to grape). Love this dish... looks tasty!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It's so hard to beat nice and easy. Your photos are terrific.

Unknown said...

This looks wonderful :), healthy and colorful.

The Duo Dishes said...

These are the kinds of recipes that work for even folks who love to cook when they don't feel like cooking. :) Fast, easy and just a few ingredients.

pigpigscorner said...

Sometimes, simple is best. Looks really delicious!

Jenn said...

Bob: Thanks.

Nutmeg: I like the name too.

Jen: Hehe... We are thinking alike again.

Mary, HH: Thanks.

Duo, pigpigscorner: I agree.

tavolini said...

Tomatoes and zucchini are perfect together--I love the simplicity and ease of this dish!

teresa said...

this is pasta at it's best! delicious!

Pam said...

Simple and delicious. I love meals like this.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

What a nice meal! Veggies, pasta, garlic & Parmesan cheese - wonderful...

Jenn said...

TavoLini, Teresa, Andrea: Thanks.

Pam: Me, too.

Dewi said...

Perfect use of summer veggies Jenn. Sounds delicious!

lisaiscooking said...

This is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta! Sometimes, I throw in some kalamata olives too.

Thistlemoon said...

Looks so good! These simple dishes highlighting a few ingredients, are my favorites!

Joie de vivre said...

A Facebook friend just recommended that I make this! Toward the end of summer I always get so sick of and uninspired by zucchini. This, however, looks wonderful.

Debbie said...

Great idea! Nice and fresh. It looks absolutely delicious!

Diana H said...

This is one of those delicious clean eating meals, very nicely done.

Tangled Noodle said...

I used to be a cream sauce pasta junkie but I've seen the fresh veggie light! I'd gladly take a plateful of this healthy, fresh and satisfying dish any time. Too bad we didn't plant zukes this year but I've got plenty of homegrown tomatoes that would be perfect for this!

Anonymous said...

A very nice pasta dish with tomatoes & zucchnini, great weekday dinner!

Jenn said...

Elra: Thanks.

Lisa: I gotta try it with olives.

Jenn, Joie, Debbie, Diana H, 5 Star: Thanks.

Tangled: I'm sure you''l enjoy this.

Parita said...

So simple and delicious, love the flavors in this!

Mardi Michels said...

Looks great - have a few wonderful organic zucchinis in my veg basket needing to be used up...

Reeni said...

Simple but so delicious!! And healthy. Love it.

Jenn said...

Parita, reeni: Thanks

eatlive: Give this a try.

Muneeba said...

Fresh & healthy ... great for these waning days of summer!

Jenn said...

Muneeba: Thanks.

sexshoptienda.net said...

Very helpful info, much thanks for your post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger