Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nutella Rolls



I remember seeing these Pain au Chocolate from La Fuji Mama a couple months back. I love croissants and, of course, you know my love for chocolate. I had a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls in the fridge eagerly waiting for me to use them. I had used another can for those delicious Cheese Rolls. This time around I decided to fill them with some nutella. Warm croissant filled with choco-hazelnut goodness. I'm drooling right now at the thought of it.

This is really easy to make. Cut the crescent dough into 4 or 8 pieces, place a nice dollop of nutella on edge and roll it up. Bake it as directed in the can. Roughly 13-15 minutes.

Just looks at that nutella wanting to burst out of the side there. 

Makes 4 large or 8 thin rolls





Nutella Rolls

Nutella
i can Pillsbury crescent rolls

Preheat your oven to 375˚F

Lay the crescent dough out on a baking and cut them into 4 or 8 rectangles.

Place a nice dollop of nutella at one end and lightly roll them up. Place them seam-side down on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake for 13-15. Serve warm.


33 comments:

Kristen said...

So easy, and I bet so tasty!

Mardi Michels said...

Uh... heading out to buy crescent sough today!!!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I would like one right now! :) And there is Nutella again; it must be a sign that I should buy some again...

Heather S-G said...

YUMMMMMMMM!!! Love that Nutella :D

Kim said...

Oh Jenn, what a lovely idea to use the crescent rolls with! A wonderful dessert idea!

vanillasugarblog said...

yeah I've made these before and ate every single damn one. bad girl.

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

I want this right now!!!

Jenn said...

Kristen: It is.

Eatlive: ;-D

Andrea: I think it it, too.

girlichef: Me, too.

Kim: Thanks.

Dawn: I almost had that same problem.

LK: You want one. I want one.

Sasha said...

OMG yes!
What a great shortcut to pain au chocolat!

pigpigscorner said...

yum!!! Anything with nutella!

theUngourmet said...

Oh yummy! Anything is better with Nutella!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Amazing! You should submit this recipe for this month's Nutella Challenge!

Donna-FFW said...

Simple yet delicious, right up my alley.

Debbie said...

Now that is just simple and delicious!!! I think I would also add powdered sugar on top!

Reeni said...

Heavenly delicious!! YUMMMMM!!

chow and chatter said...

oh yeah thats what I am talking about send one my way!!!

Jenn said...

Sasha: ;-D

pigpigscorner, ungourmet: Yes!!

Jen: I just might.

Donna: Hehe...

Debbie:powdered sugar was something that was missing that day.

Reeni: I agree.

CC: Sure.

Anonymous said...

yay for nutella! Bread + nutella = AWESOME!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

You had me at Nutella:)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love recipes that come together this easily. I get weak kneed where I hear Nutellla mentioned :-).

Miranda said...

Simple. Yummy. Beautiful.

test it comm said...

What a great way to use those crescent rolls!

Jenn said...

Hummingbird: yes, indeed.

nutmeg: Hehe.

Mary: I do, too.

Miranda, Kevin: Thanks.

Lady P said...

this is a GREAT idea -i have used these to make savory little lovelies (with egg and ham and cheese inside, tad bit of mustard - yum!) but i love the chocolate idea
my friend over at girlichef recently put the nutella in her zucchini bread - you should check it out

Jenn said...

Lady P: Yeah. I know Girlichef. I read her blog all the time. She's got some great recipes.

tavolini said...

What a smart idea! I'm going to get that together and keep it handy for a brunch. Quick, unique and easy.

Jenn said...

TavoLini: This would become an instant hit.

lisaiscooking said...

Love that oozing nutella! These look great.

Diana H said...

This would be a great one for the kids to try out too. Fast, easy and not too much mess. Great Idea.

Jenn said...

Lisa: Diana H: Thanks

Fearless Kitchen said...

This is so much fun! It looks delicious, and easy enough to count as "instant gratification."

Rachael Hutchings said...

Mmmmm, ANYTHING is good with Nutella!!

Jenn said...

Fuji: I agree.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger