Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mini Pecan Pie Tarts



This was a recipe I had originally planned to make for my Thanksgiving meal. But things didn't go as planned and I had to derail this cute little pie tart for another time. Fast forward to new year's and voila. One of my favorite pies in the whole wide world is the old fashioned pecan pie. I'd eat up the whole pie before anyone could get their forks into it. Okay maybe not, but I could eat a slice or two or three in one sitting. Sad isn't it?

Traditional recipes call for corn syrup.  I'm not much a fan of the stuff, but I know it's found in a lot of the things I've eaten. So I scoured the interweb and found a recipe on All Recipes. It's contains ingredients conveniently found in your pantry and without the corn syrup. It still tastes like a pecan pie. Woohoo... It was a good way to cap off a good New Year's night meal. I simply made the filling and baked them in some keebler mini graham cracker crusts. You can make your own if you have some extra time. But the recipe below just takes a bit of a shortcut using the premade stuff.

Serve this warm or cooled along with a side of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm... It may be some time  before I make this again, so I enjoyed it as much as I could while it lasted. I guess there's no need for me to go to Marie Calendar's for pie.

Make 12 mini pie tarts or 1 9-inch pie




Mini Pecan Pie Tarts
adapted from All Recipes

12 keebler mini graham cracker tart cups
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1/3 c melted unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp milk
2-3 c whole pecans

Preheat your oven to 350˚F

Cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the melted butter. Then beat in each egg. Mix in the flour, egg, vanilla, milk. Once combine mix in the pecans

Evenly distribute the mixture among the 12 tart cups. Bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool before serving.



 

26 comments:

pigpigscorner said...

I love pecan pie! It;'s great served warm with ice-cream..yum!

Unknown said...

Oooooh, delicious! I love pecans!
Have a fabulous weekend daaaaahling.
*kisses* HH

Daily Spud said...

They're adorable! And I wouldn't like to admit to how many I'd eat in one sitting (hint, it's a lot) - all with vanilla ice cream too :)

vanillasugarblog said...

girl you do so much cooking...do you ever sleep? you need your own cooking show girl.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

The tarts look & sound delicious! I love mini desserts...

Bob said...

No corn syrup you say? Well fantastic! I have to try that recipe, looks great.

Claire said...

looks great, especially with that vanilla ice cream! mmm yumm

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look and sound delightful. I love right-sized desserts. Thanks for this one.

Catherine said...

Jenn this looks delicious!
I love that you served it with vanilla ice cream!
So scrumptious!

Sasha said...

Mm, this looks like a perfectly nutty dessert, especially alongside ice cream : )

Christo Gonzales said...

these look like fantastic little pies...nice

teresa said...

it's nice that there are a lot pictured because that's about the amount of these i want to eat!

Sippity Sup said...

Everything tastes better when it's small as long as you can eat MORE... GREG

OysterCulture said...

Pecan pies, are my ultimate sweet tooth weakness, this is killing me. I have to try it now!

theUngourmet said...

Delicious! I love the idea of using the Keebler crusts! Must make these ASAP!!

Reeni said...

These look heavenly! I hope you saved me one of these scrumptious little treats!

Donna-FFW said...

I love simple weeknight desserts such as this. Easy to prepare but loaded with flavor.

sophia said...

I think anyone would be able to eat a couple of slices or more of pecan pie. Love it in mini-size too!

Anonymous said...

Pecan pie is great but how much greater it is, in a mini!

MrsLavendula said...

those look really good! i love pecans!

Anonymous said...

These mini tarts are so adorable! And I love that you didn't use corn syrup, this is an excellent recipe!

Janice said...

These mini pecan pie tarts look so cute. I can eat a bunch of them with ice cream.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum! These look wonderful... I'll take two or three (dozen).

tavolini said...

YUM--these look excellent!! I would have trouble if I had a bunch of these in my house :)

Diana H said...

My in-laws call them pecan tassies. They're so great tasting.

Michael said...

Two thumbs up for this great pecan tart recipe! I tried it last night and it was a hit at my family dinner. It went really well when paired with a hot cup of coffee from a top rated coffee maker like Starbucks. Please continue to share more recipes like this. Kudos to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger