Search Bread + Butter

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stuffed Roasted Bell Peppers



It's nice to be able to cook veggies once again. All the leftovers from the holidays are nearly consumed and I'm more than happy to get back into the kitchen to cook up some roasted veggies. This time choice of veggie is the bell pepper. I roasted them in the oven and while those cooked, I made some paprika rice with fresh tomato as a stuffing. This recipe is perfect if you've got some leftover white rice. I guess if you haven't figured by now that I have a love affair with paprika. It's all good in the hood. It goes well with the sweetness of the bell pepper and the savory flavor of the tomato.

Makes 2 stuffed bell peppers.





Stuffed Roasted Bell Peppers

2 bell pepper
1-2 c cooked white rice
1 medium tomato - deseeded and chopped
1/2 small sweet onion - chopped
1 garlic clove fine chopped
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp dry basil
1/4 salt
pepper
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra)
1/4 c shredded cheese - your choice

(note: you may used leftover rice)

Preheat your oven to 425˚F

Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out the membrane and remove any seeds. Coat the inside and out of the bell peppers with a few drops of olive oil.  and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.

Saute the chopped garlic for roughly 30 seconds on medium heat, then add the onions. Saute until limp. Add the rice. Stir to combine. Add the tomato, paprika, basil, salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir well to combine everything for roughly 2-3 minutes.

When the bell peppers are done roasting, remove from the oven. Lower the heat to 350˚F. Stuff the rice mixture into the bell peppers. Stuff them well and let it overflow. Top with some of the shredded cheese and place back into the oven for roughly 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.




27 comments:

Divina Pe said...

That looks awesome. I always love it with tomatoes. Beautiful photo too.

Bob said...

Man, I haven't had a stuffed pepper in I don't know how long. Looks great, awesome pic.

Christo Gonzales said...

these are great looking stuffed peppers - I would have one right now for my breakfast

Lori Lynn said...

I like the contrast of a yellow pepper with the red sauce.
LL

Tangled Noodle said...

I really need more veggies after stuffing myself silly with carbs during the holidays. This looks great and has a necessary requirement on my plate - rice!

vanillasugarblog said...

Oh Jenn I just adore stuffed peppers. I've never used a yellow one and now I will.

chow and chatter said...

these look awesome and what a great picture love it

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Another forgotten recipe... Thanks for the reminder! :) Your pepper looks delicious! :)

Unknown said...

Beautifully presented. It looks like a ray of sunshine :)

Sook said...

That is funny. That's exactly how I felt after the holidays! All I craved was some vegetables and healthy meals. :)

Anonymous said...

The stuffed yellow peppers look so pretty!

Ken said...

I love that yellow pepper with it's jaunty little hat. It makes me smile! GREG

Donna-FFW said...

How funny.. I am making stuffed peppers tonight. Your version sounds fantastic, Jenn!

Pam said...

I love stuffed bell peppers - yours look beautiful Jenn.

Debbie said...

One of my favorites! I love stuffed peppers...they look wonderful!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the scale of this recipe. My eyes are always on the look-out for small quantity recipes. This looks great.

Teanna said...

That photo is mouthwatering! I love the idea of the paprika rice! Wow!

Miranda said...

mmh. Stuffed peppers is a favorite at my house. These look fantastic!!!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Yummy! I love stuffed peppers, but have yet to make them. I really need to start making some new recipes. This will be on the list :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love bell peppers! I'm thinking of cooking the same thing only the stuffings different..

teresa said...

mmmm, these are one of my faves for dinner, looks delicious!

Reeni said...

Love your stuffing! They look so pretty!

Parita said...

Stuffed peppers look delicious!!

The Duo Dishes said...

These will be on the menu soon enough!

tavolini said...

Yum--great choice of pepper! I get tired of the green peppers ;)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum... Your stuffed peppers look great. I love how cute they look with the stem on top!

muebles en tarragona said...

It's all erroneous the thing you are saying.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger