Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stir-Fry Veggies on Ramen


With the heavy downpour that was here, I wasn't in the mood to spend a long time in the kitchen. For some odd reason, rain equals "lazy mode," doesn't it? I remember I had a few ramen packs in the pantry. A variety of different flavors. I pull out the shrimp kind. Now I usually just use the noodles. But this time around I decided to save one of the seasoning packets and use them with the veggies I wanted to pair it with. Noodles are pretty self-explanatory. Just like making pasta. I had gotten one of those steamfresh veggie packs from the market. You know, where you can microwave the bag and it steams the veggies right away. Those things are so cool. It cuts the time in half in terms of steaming veggies.

Anyway, Sometimes steamed or boiled veggies can get a bit bland. I sauteed the them in a little paprika, worchestershire sauce (I could never pronounce that correctly, let alone spell it) and the shrimp seasoning from the ramen packet. It brought the veggies a nice flavor. Voila -- easy 30-minute, five dollar meal for two.

Serves 2



Stir-Fry Veggies on Ramen

1 package mixed vegetable - defrosted
2 packet ramen  - including seasoning
2 shrimp shrimp seasoning from ramen
1 Tsp paprika
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
extra virgin olive oil
pepper

Boil some water and add one of the shrimp seasonings to the water. Once boil add the noodles and cook the ramen noodles for about 8 minutes until tender. Drain and drizzle a little olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking. Give them a little toss.

In a small pot, pour a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Add the vegetable. Saute for a couple of minutes until tender. Add the paprika, shrimp seasoning and worchestershire sauce. Sauce to roughly 5 minutes.

Mix together with the noodles and serve warm.

16 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

This looks like a very sensible rainy day meal! GREG

Donna-FFW said...

Perfect rainy day meal. Id curl up with a bowl of that, no problem, sounds tasty!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Looks like a perfect rainy day meal! Stay dry!

Tangled Noodle said...

I really wish I'd been this creative when hubs and I were subsisting on ramen noodles early in our marriage. We're getting your rain now but it's more icy - better break out the ramen and vegs!

vanillasugarblog said...

jenn, you and bob should put together a cookbook about all that can be done with ramen. I'm so serious!

Tony said...

This is a great creative way to make ramen a bit healthier.

♥peachkins♥ said...

this is a great idea! let me do this next time..

Devon said...

Hey Jen,
I see you around all the same blogs I comment on and thought it would be nice to drop by and see what you're about. Anybody who fancies up packages of ramen noodles is a A-OK in my book.

PageRank Check said...

so colorful i love it

teresa said...

fantastic! a great way to use ramen, i love those veggies!

Sook said...

Wow! Such a good idea! Stir-fry veggies on ramen. That sounds so creative and yummy, too.

Anonymous said...

I like the vegetables you chose to use.

Simply Life said...

Looks like a great combo!

Phyllis said...

Ramen to the rescue! Hope you're surviving the rain over there :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

I've been making a lot of stir fries with ramen noodles lately. I make a sweet and spicy sauce to go with them and usually stir fry some snow peas and chicken or beef. Love your veggie version!

muebles ciudad real said...

This will not truly have success, I consider so.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger