Search Bread + Butter

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bento

I know today's April Fool's Day, but I'm horrible at playing tricks or making jokes.  I'm usually the recipient of the trick/joke. But today is a bit of an off day for me because yesterday was in no way a day for cooking. Over the weekend, a close relative's mom had passed away and the funeral was yesterday afternoon. So it was a bit of an emotional day for me. I gave my first eulogy ever. Extremely difficult to do especially when I'm talking through tears. But I'm glad I did.

So for today, I'll leave you with a really cool video on "how to make a bento." There's even a really cute doggy in it. I've always had a fascination with bentos. Not just because of the delicious eats people pack into them, but also the different containers they come in. Whenever I travel to Little Tokyo in Los Angeles, I have the habit of checking out the different styles of bento boxes. Maybe I should start a little collection. :)


11 comments:

Phyllis said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, Jenn. I'm sure your relatives really appreciated you doing the eulogy. Hope you're doing OK :)

And I've seen this show 'Cooking with Dog' before - hilarious! The sausage octopus is brilliant - I'm totally going to make that! And the chef is a true master with that tamago pan (puts me to shame). I love bento boxes because I'm all about variety, even more fun to collect the cute containers.

tavolini said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Jenn. our thoughts go out to you and yours.

Bob said...

Sorry to hear about that, my thoughts are with you.

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That's so hard to go through. My heart goes out to you.

Sippity Sup said...

I am sorry for your loss and feel grateful and proud by the wonderful eulogy I am sure came from your heart. GREG

Diana said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your relative's mom. It must have been so hard to do the eulogy - you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Ameena said...

I'm so sorry Jenn...I hope things are going better for you today.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

So sorry to hear of your loss! You and your family will be in my thoughts!

chow and chatter said...

so sorry about the funeral hugs to you a very special person

love bentos as well

Rebecca

OysterCulture said...

Oh Jenn, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It must have been difficult to do the eulogy but at the same time a way to really bring closure and so your love for your relative.

Regarding the bento boxes and your idea of starting a collection look forward to seeing along with Production Eats - No. 18, Bento Boxes - No. 1 =)

Lori Lynn said...

I'm sorry for your loss.
Lori Lynn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger