Search Bread + Butter

Monday, April 12, 2010

Production Eats - No. 19

I'm happy to say the the shoot went very well. So that makes me, as producer, happy. A big thanks to the crew for making it a smooth production. This makes my job easier even the slightest bit.

One of the many things I have to do is make sure that the crew is happy, especially through the stomach. I had gone with a company called Too Tasty Catering. I'd have to agree that they were really tasty. I had tasted their creations before on another project and was happy with the outcome of their dishes.

Top clockwise: Organic Green Salad with ranch dressing, Volcano BBQ Chicken, Bean Ragu with Aromatic Vegetables and white rice.

We all ate it up. Delicious tender chicken, the black beans mixed with the rice. Yum. It was an enjoyable meal. Which can make or break the second half of the shooting schedule of the day.

After the shoot, a few of the crew, whom I've worked with on several projects before went for a post-shoot meal and drink. We decided on the Red Lion Tavern in Silverlake, Ca. They describe themselves as a "German 'Gasthaus' & Beer Garden Food and & Drink." From the outside it may seem like a small tavern. You enter and inside there's a small bar are and table with booths. You head upstairs and you're treated to a spacious outdoor seating area. 

I like this place quite a bit. I've been here many times before, but usually just for drinks with friends. It wasn't too often that I'd order something from their menu.

To munch on: I get the classic fish and chips. The fish was nice and tender. The batter slightly crisp. Serve with a side of tartar sauce, a few lemon wedges, and some malt vinegar. Though these weren't beer battered, but they were good.

To wash it down I have myself a glass of their Oktoberfest beer. Sorry for the yellowish-orange color of the last two photos. I didn't want to use the flash on my phone to distract all the other bar patrons. It was a good bookend to a near end of a production. Now I enter the post-production phase. Which is way easier. No much stress to worry about there.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, how I love fish and chips :D.

Justin said...

i'll take some volcano chicken, please

Phyllis said...

I want some of those production eats for lunch! Good call on the catering company. Congrats on your successful shoot :)

Bob said...

Volcano chicken? I'm intrigued. I'm glad your shoot went well!

Bianca @south bay rants n raves said...

I'm glad your shoot went well! :) Those eats looked rather tasty too!

Diana said...

So glad the shoot went well and you got some good chow while it was going on! Hope post-production goes well too! :)

Pam said...

I am so glad the shoot went well! The vocano chicken looks tasty and so do the fish and chips.

lisaiscooking said...

Congratulations on a good shoot! Volcano chicken sounds great.

teresa said...

so glad everything went well, this all looks fabulous!

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, that is some great looking food! I love fish n' chips!

Judy said...

Everything looks delicious. Love the photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger