Search Bread + Butter

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cheese Crispies


I remember when I was a kid, I would cook up those Kraft cheddar singles in the microwave. The cheese would melt on the little saucer. The edges would harden and the center was nice and melted. I'd scrap up and eat the center first, the I'd carefully remove that one ring of outer cheese that's slightly hardened and eat that up last. Bring back so many memories. My mom would look at me funny, but I didn't care. I had myself some melted cheese.

These are sort of like that melted cheese I used to have. They're great in sandwiches or as a garnish on a salad.


Cheddar Crispies

Shredded or Grated cheddar cheese

Note: you may also used mixed blended cheese.


Preheat your oven to 400˚F

On a parchment paper lines baking sheet, Take 1 2 tablespoons of cheese and lay it on the parchment paper. Carefully pat it down to lightly spread the cheese into a flat circle. Place in the oven for 5-6 minutes. Then let it cool and harden before handling.

23 comments:

Phyllis said...

This is perfect for me...I always love picking up those crispy bits of cheese that fall to the wayside when baking, this time it's the main event!

lisaiscooking said...

Crunchy, melted cheese is so addictive! I love putting disks of cheese like this on salads.

Tangled Noodle said...

These make such lovely and delicious garnishes!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

A great idea. I love melted cheese and this is putting an extra twist on it.

Holly said...

I've always wanted to try these:)

Bob said...

Awesome! I've done something similar in a nonstick pan with mozzarella. Good times.

theUngourmet said...

What a great idea putting these on a salad! My daughter loves cheese crispies too!

teresa said...

oooh, i want to eat a whole bowl of them!

Kristen said...

I totally get that -excellent

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Love, love, love these!!! (Well, big surprise, what with cheese don't I love???)! :)

Diana said...

Yum! I like to make parmesan crisps in the oven for my soup - such a great accompaniment!

Emily Malloy said...

How fun is that?! Cheese is the best thing. It's proof that God loves us.

...Oh yeah, and beer, too ;-)

Debbie said...

Hmmm..sounds like those would taste great....your lemon cookies look very, very good too!

Anonymous said...

I need to make these crispies for my daughter - she would love them for sure!

Dewi said...

that is brilliant idea Jenn. Love crunchy cheese like this. You know I normally do this on iron skillet on top of the stove, and take forever, because I can only do it 2 at a time. I better using your idea of making them in the oven. Thanks jenn!

Dewi said...

that is brilliant idea Jenn. Love crunchy cheese like this. You know I normally do this on iron skillet on top of the stove, and take forever, because I can only do it 2 at a time. I better using your idea of making them in the oven. Thanks jenn!

OysterCulture said...

I love these, they're simple to make but so tasty and elegant.

That's Ron said...

mmm... love them cheese

Catherine said...

I love this! What a great idea Jenn!
Have a wonderful week!

chow and chatter said...

this is such a fun recipe love it

tavolini said...

nice--I bet you could do these in different shapes, too. neato!

Justin said...

i've watched people do this in a skillet with hard cheeses like parm and pecorino but never tried it

site said...

There's no doubt, the dude is absolutely just.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger