Search Bread + Butter

Saturday, April 24, 2010

In-N-Out

In-N-Out. That's what all hamburgers...all about. Dang right it is. Well...in California. I played tour guide for an afternoon yesterday to a visiting friend. Took him to the Griffith Observatory, Kodak Theater, and Grauman's Chinese Theater. He had an enjoyable time seeing the sights of LA. For dinner, we took him to...


The famed In-N-Out burger. It's like the west coast rival of the east coast White Castle. Their menu may be limited, but they've got themselves a tasty burger. I order the #1.


A double double cheeseburger. Animal style. (two beef patties, lettuce, tomato, cheese, grilled onions, secret sauce on a bun)

I gobbled that right down. A lot of the time I like to eat the lettuce and tomato first, the eat the rest like a sandwich. It's a weird habit, but I like it.

The #1 also comes with french fries. Also had those animal style. Grilled onions, secret sauce and melted cheese. Eat that right up with a fork. and a drink.

I would have gotten a chocolate shake, too, but I knew I'd fill myself up pretty quick. I usually just get them regular without onions, but since I don't eat out for burgers as much and with this be a semi-special occasion, I figured...why not, right? Deliciousness.

13 comments:

Kim said...

I live in Michigan but my daughter spent a few years living with her father in AZ and she was just telling me about the In And Out burgers! They do look good!

Kim

Tangled Noodle said...

I have managed to eat at In-N-Out just ONCE! So unfair . . . Y'know, they want to bring Pinkberry's to Minnesota. Why bring frozen yogurt someplace that has frigid winter for 6 months of the year?! Bring us In-N-Out!!

Dewi said...

My favorite burger ever, I think it is the best!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

oh holy yum! I love, love, LOVE In N Out! The animal style burgers and fries are drool-worthy. Now I want to go there!

vanillasugarblog said...

girl you have NO idea how much i much in & out burger. that and that fish taco. wahoo fish taco to be exact.
you just killed me today with this.

Unknown said...

In-N-Out is my most favorite cheeseburger ever!! The only way I'll eat their fries is animal style!

I went to another burger place today for the first time and it could almost be just as good as In-N-Out (I almost feel sacrilegious saying that)....have you been to The Habit? WOW!

OysterCulture said...

I love In-N-Out but have yet to order anything animal style - I confess to usually ordering it and eating my burger as I drive from SF to SJ, and somehow I do not think anything animal style will result in me looking professional on the other end. ITs amazing how popular that place is, the line of cars is out of the parking lot and they usually have some poor person standing there taking orders in a failed attempt to keep up with demand.

Sook said...

I haven't been to in and out in forever! They do have fabulous old style burgers. My husband isn't a big fan of their fries so we don't go there too often. But good burgers. :)

Ameena said...

I used to love In-n-Out! Maya and Ali still love it. Can you believe my 5-year-old can put away 1.5 burgers and 1/2 an order of fries?

Catching up on your earlier posts...can't wait to see pictuers of your trip!!

Phyllis said...

Omigosh, sooooo jealous - I've been dying to try an In-N-Out burger forever! Will you take me there when I come visit? And I think those animal fries qualify as an L.A. version of poutine ;)

tavolini said...

this is SOOOOO much better than White Castle, it isn't even funny. White Castle is a guaranteed 5 hour stomach ache :P

Wish they were here, alas, I'm happy that Fatburger made its way to ATL

www.mueblesennavarra.com said...

Pretty helpful info, much thanks for the article.

site said...

Wow, there is a lot of useful data above!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger