Search Bread + Butter

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sin City Breakfast Tacos

If you've seen the movie Once Upon A time Mexico on DVD, you'd know that part of the DVD extras is a 10-minute cooking school by director Robert Rodriguez. For that movie he teaches how to cook Puerco Pibil, which is a slow roasted pork dish that Johnny Depp's character loves to eat. You can view that here. I have plans on making this one, maybe over the summer. It just says "summer dish" to me.

I was watching his other movie Sin City the other night and low and behold there was another 10 minute cooking school. This one was for breakfast tacos. He makes two kinds. Your basic potato and egg and a pepper and onion scramble along with showing you how to make flour tortillas from scratch.

Who else is craving tacos (of any kind) besides me?


10 comments:

Catherine said...

I am! I love tacos and breakfast taco sounds great right now!

vanillasugarblog said...

LOL, now I like the twist on this post.

lisaiscooking said...

I never noticed the cooking schools on those dvd's! Now, I want to get them again. I just had some tasty breakfast tacos yesterday, and I think I could enjoy them every day.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Nice! Now I want a breakfast taco....

Joie de vivre said...

Ha ha! Isn't any time taco time?

Phyllis said...

Fun DVD extra! Those tacos look delicious.

OysterCulture said...

Sweet - thanks for pointing it out! Love taco and Puerco Pibil is just darn tasty.

theUngourmet said...

So cool Jenn! I love the corn tortilla in there. What a great idea!

sophia said...

I'm actually not the biggest fan of taco...but I would love to try for the puerco pibil~ Don't think I've tried it before!

The Duo Dishes said...

Really funny how he has those cooking videos on the DVDs! That is classic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger